Home

Which camera do you like?

This is a discussion on Which camera do you like? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #49
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Which camera do you like?

Not a fisheye fan. I like Wide and Show 16 so far. Haven't decided on one yet.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #50
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydangerously
I always take the best camera of the year, in this case Fish Eye, and raise it to its maximum and then tilt it down so that the batter’s boxes are just at the corners of my screen.

This makes the low pitches — curveballs and changeups — from really good pitchers fool me unless I pick up their movement. And it makes the high fastball — something very few can regularly lay off — almost irresistible.

Teaches me to pick up my pitches better.

Because — when you think about it — most of the batting cameras are from the perspective of the catcher’s chest protector which, while effective, isn’t very realistic.

So, I'm struggling to get this to look just as it is in your screenshot. Is this cropped at all? I can't manage to get the batter's boxes to reach both ends of my screen. You're raising to the max, with the left thumbstick. THEN raising it with the right thumbstick?

Old 04-05-2016, 09:06 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
So, I'm struggling to get this to look just as it is in your screenshot. Is this cropped at all? I can't manage to get the batter's boxes to reach both ends of my screen. You're raising to the max, with the left thumbstick. THEN raising it with the right thumbstick?
No, sorry, I need to be more clear.

I’m not near my PS4 at the moment, but one of the thumbsticks moves the elevation, and the other moves the angle.

I first adjust the angle to be looking as downward as I can, and then adjust the combination of zoom and elevation to get the batter’s boxes to line up. This usually involves raising the elevation to the max, and then slightly backing off as I also adjust the zoom. Not every camera’s limits are the same, but you can approximate this look with just about every batting camera preset.

No cropping or adjustment of any kind to the screenshot.

BTW, for the Fish Eye haters, “Zoom” (which is anything but) is a decent substitute that still allows you to see 1B and 3B.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydangerously
No, sorry, I need to be more clear.

I’m not near my PS4 at the moment, but one of the thumbsticks moves the elevation, and the other moves the angle.

I first adjust the angle to be looking as downward as I can, and then adjust the combination of zoom and elevation to get the batter’s boxes to line up. This usually involves raising the elevation to the max, and then slightly backing off as I also adjust the zoom. Not every camera’s limits are the same, but you can approximate this look with just about every batting camera preset.

No cropping or adjustment of any kind to the screenshot.

BTW, for the Fish Eye haters, “Zoom” (which is anything but) is a decent substitute that still allows you to see 1B and 3B.
I am going to give this a try. Thanks for posting this.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #53
Rookie

Jimbo Slice's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
I might have to give wide a try later.......do you see the entire player and batters box?
You do. I tried fish eye for a while and had a terrible time with breaking balls, especially sliders. Switched the wide and haven't looked back. You Still get the full view but it feels slightly lower and a little more zoomed in.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:29 PM   #54
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I've been using MLB 15 camera. I may try wide or MLB 16. I tried fisheye, but like a lot of people said, the pitcher just looks too far away.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Started off with The Show 16 camera but switched to strike zone and my hitting really came around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #56
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I was using wide but have since switched over to MLB 15 cam. While Wide allowed me to see lower pitches better, I was constantly swinging on top of the ball on pitches thrown down the middle due to it looking like it was "up" in the zone.

After switching to MLB 15 Cam I have been crushing the baseball and have surprisingly been laying off the low pitches.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »