Home

(Fielding) What does "Non Routine" mean?

This is a discussion on (Fielding) What does "Non Routine" mean? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
(Fielding) What does "Non Routine" mean?

I was wondering if any knew exactly what the results of selecting "Some (Non Routine)" option for fielding on player lock in Franchise mode means?

Does "Non Routine" mean balls will get hit toward my SS in a more natural and less scripted way as opposed to selecting "All"?

I played 9 innings using the "O Game Watch Option" with the "Non Routine" selected and no balls got hit to me at short stop.

Just trying to figure out how to play a less scripted defense with player lock and the options that have been removed.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
Rookie

timmermac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: (Fielding) What does "Non Routine" mean?

A nonroutine play would be something equivalent to a Web Gem on ESPN. At least, that would be my guess.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
I was wondering if any knew exactly what the results of selecting "Some (Non Routine)" option for fielding on player lock in Franchise mode means?

Does "Non Routine" mean balls will get hit toward my SS in a more natural and less scripted way as opposed to selecting "All"?

I played 9 innings using the "O Game Watch Option" with the "Non Routine" selected and no balls got hit to me at short stop.

Just trying to figure out how to play a less scripted defense with player lock and the options that have been removed.

Thanks!
I think it means that some balls won't come your way.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:26 AM   #4
Pro

Thanks guys just trying to clarify how its defined in the options menu! I currently have it set to "All" and pressing "O" for game watch but nothing gets hit my way at SS naturally. Playing full 9 inning games with Broadcast and watching the game with player lock! I will test another full 9 inning game!
Old 04-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #5
Rookie

wutangfourever's Arena

A routine play is something you think of as an automatic out before its even fielded, like a basic ground ball or popup. I'm guessing that fielding attributes will play a larger role in how many opportunities you get, so I'd expect someone like Simmons to see less non routine plays than a rookie rtts player for example.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »