Home

That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read)

This is a discussion on That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 08:18 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
attack the game developers in any way

If we are being honest here, this part of the post should be troubling to everyone that posts here. We should be able to discuss the Devs freely until it violates the overarching TOS.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #50
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlocked
If we are being honest here, this part of the post should be troubling to everyone that posts here. We should be able to discuss the Devs freely until it violates the overarching TOS.
You can CONSTRUCTIVELY discuss anything. You attack ANYONE and that is where the ban comes in.

Calling devs "lazy" when you don't know anything about the process in unnecessary and does nothing but feed the posters need to vent. This is not the place to vent.

And I use lazy as an example because that's what you called them here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p?p=2048125915

And look! You aren't banned. But please consider making more of an effort to understand game development before using terms like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 04-19-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:38 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
You can CONSTRUCTIVELY discuss anything. You attack ANYONE and that is where the ban comes in.

Calling devs "lazy" when you don't know anything about the process in unnecessary and does nothing but feed the posters need to vent. This is not the place to vent.

And I use lazy as an example because that's what you called them here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p?p=2048125915

And look! You aren't banned. But please consider making more of an effort to understand game development before using terms like that.

That's the point, I know game development enough to know that if one dev has done it another can too. It's not like I'm calling them lazy for not doing something that hasn't been done before. Hell some old MLB 2K staffers are probably with SDS now anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #52
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
That's the point, I know game development enough to know that if one dev has done it another can too. It's not like I'm calling them lazy for not doing something that hasn't been done before. Hell some old MLB 2K staffers are probably with SDS now anyway.
You're using words like "probably". That shows you don't know.

You are also talking about console generation jumps that almost every sports have lost features on.

The point is you don't know, and acting like you do is doing a disservice to game developers who do.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
You're using words like "probably". That shows you don't know.

You are also talking about console generation jumps that almost every sports have lost features on.

The point is you don't know, and acting like you do is doing a disservice to game developers who do.

I said probably because I don't follow who works where and where the MLB 2k team went after the game ended.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:56 AM   #54
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
I said probably because I don't follow who works where and where the MLB 2k team went after the game ended.
OK - so answer this:

What is the programming time to add the A teams?

How much extra development time have they had since moving to PS4?

What is involved, in programming terms, on adding the teams, including working them into franchise?

What are the licensing costs of the Single A franchises?

Is there enough disc size for all of the uniforms (since that has been one of the issues the devs have stated they are running into)?

Those are questions I came up with with limited development knowledge and 5 minutes. Do you have answers?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
OK - so answer this:

What is the programming time to add the A teams?

How much extra development time have they had since moving to PS4?

What is involved, in programming terms, on adding the teams, including working them into franchise?

What are the licensing costs of the Single A franchises?

Is there enough disc size for all of the uniforms (since that has been one of the issues the devs have stated they are running into)?

Those are questions I came up with with limited development knowledge and 5 minutes. Do you have answers?

The already have generic stadiums, so just just need to license and add the logos, teams, and maybe uniforms (or just use generic uniforms with the logo). Including them into franchise would be minimal as they would just need to port the AAA/AA netcode and change the teams to the A teams.

Costs would be lower or similar to AA, not to mention I refuse to accept the MLB/MiLB doesn't include A packaged in.

If they are using the entire disc then they need better compression or are being handicapped by PS3 (which they should've cycled out this season).

PS: My first ever post has still yet to appear published on the FIFA thread it's supposed to be in...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 09:23 AM   #56
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
The already have generic stadiums, so just just need to license and add the logos, teams, and maybe uniforms (or just use generic uniforms with the logo). Including them into franchise would be minimal as they would just need to port the AAA/AA netcode and change the teams to the A teams.

Costs would be lower or similar to AA, not to mention I refuse to accept the MLB/MiLB doesn't include A packaged in.

If they are using the entire disc then they need better compression or are being handicapped by PS3 (which they should've cycled out this season).

PS: My first ever post has still yet to appear published on the FIFA thread it's supposed to be in...
None of this answers my questions in programming terms. I'm looking for specifics for timeline and cost purposes. Generals don't explain to me how the devs are "lazy".

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »