Home

Baserunners Diving Back on Line Drive Hits (Glitch or User Error?)

This is a discussion on Baserunners Diving Back on Line Drive Hits (Glitch or User Error?) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #49
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Baserunners Diving Back on Line Drive Hits (Glitch or User Error?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
UPDATE:

So I have been trying to focus on keeping my right hand off the R1 and R2 buttons will hitting with men on base, and this seems to be solving the issue. I only had the problem happen once over the weekend, and when it did I noticed my hand was on the buttons, so it may very well be that when I was power swinging I was inadvertently squeezing R1/R2.

Until further notice, I'll chalk it up to user error.
I don't know, I just saw it the one time myself, and have not seen it again since. But considering the baserunning controls in The Show are the same as they have been for years, and none of us had seen this before, I don't think User error is the only factor here.

Maybe just some additional animation sets were put in and they are kicking it a little too often? They definitely added a bunch of new animations for MLB 16 in a LOT of different scenarios, maybe this scenario is one where it needs to be tuned a bit.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 04-11-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I saw this for the first time today.

Piscotty on first and Brandon Moss hit a hard ground ball that was fielded by Jaso. Piscotty retreated to the bag instead of going to second which made for an easy double play.

I used power swing, and I doubt I touched the R1 button. It was odd as the ball never was in the air. *shrugs*
Told you, man. I love this game, but this definitely happens a lot more than it should. I've played a little over 100 games (including conquest) so far and have seen it 5-6 times.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:21 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 5

Curious, has anyone seen this happen to the computer team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 06:28 PM   #52
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I don't know, I just saw it the one time myself, and have not seen it again since. But considering the baserunning controls in The Show are the same as they have been for years, and none of us had seen this before, I don't think User error is the only factor here.

Maybe just some additional animation sets were put in and they are kicking it a little too often? They definitely added a bunch of new animations for MLB 16 in a LOT of different scenarios, maybe this scenario is one where it needs to be tuned a bit.
I have seen this before. Many times in years past. But it just seemed more prevalent this year. That was because I use Power Swing much more this year and I think I may be squeezing a little harder when I do that (human tendency). Another poster also commented on seeing it for years as well.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:38 PM   #53
Rookie

So tired of people postulating that this might be user error. I have been playing the game since '09 and have ALWAYS used auto baserunning and have never had a problem. After folks have suggested that the problem might be inadvertently hitting R1, i have played multiple games with my fingers no where near these buttons and the problem still occurs .This is not user error!. This is a bug/ glitch and I want it fixed. It has ruined the game for me, so i went back to The Show 15 in the meantime as i can no longer enjoy the game.
Please do nit suggest it is user error when i know, through trial and error, otherwise. This will only tend to make the developers not take the issue seriously and not fix it. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #54
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansong99
So tired of people postulating that this might be user error. I have been playing the game since '09 and have ALWAYS used auto baserunning and have never had a problem. After folks have suggested that the problem might be inadvertently hitting R1, i have played multiple games with my fingers no where near these buttons and the problem still occurs .This is not user error!. This is a bug/ glitch and I want it fixed. It has ruined the game for me, so i went back to The Show 15 in the meantime as i can no longer enjoy the game.
Please do nit suggest it is user error when i know, through trial and error, otherwise. This will only tend to make the developers not take the issue seriously and not fix it. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG!
Relax. I can understand your frustration, but we're not necessarily talking about the same thing. As I said many times, I do not use Auto-Baserunning, so it is not that. I am referring to my experience with my settings. It may very well be a bug/glitch, and that was my initial feeling, but in the time I have been specifically trying to avoid it, I haven't seen it. Still testing.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:56 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 5

I don't recall the dive back ever happening in 14 or 15, but there were definitely times when the baserunners would freeze on line drives for too long before advancing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #56
Rookie

Re: Baserunners Diving Back on Line Drive Hits (Bug or User Error?)

Yes sorry. Had to vent a bit. So this is happening when using manual baserunning as well?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »