Home

Time to waive the white flag?

This is a discussion on Time to waive the white flag? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Time to waive the white flag?

I have played this game every year. I play on AllStar with timed hitting. I use Armour and Swords sliders. Every year I have been challenged, but have been able to hit reasonably well. I have hit 4 homers in a game, but have also gone 4 games without a homer. I have got 17 hits in a game, but also been shut down in others. I have loved how realistic this game had played for me. However, something seems different this year - I simply can't hit. I have played around 10 games and the most hits I have got in a game is 6 with only 2 homers. The game looks great and I would love to play it. But I'm getting very frustrated with the results. Anyone having the same issues? Do I just need to play more? I'm seriously giving thoughts of waiving the white flag and going back to 2015.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

Re: Time to waive the white flag?

I've played on HOF & I'm having the same issue. I've switched to All Star & I'm doing much better than I was. But it's maybe a little too easy for me. I trying to find that happy medium. I'm going to stick to HOF & hopefully find my happy place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
French Fried Taters, mhmm

puppies_on_acid's Arena

OVR: 5

This is odd, because I have the exact opposite issue. Like you in years past I've played on Allstar using Armour and Swords sliders, but this year I have been able to hit too easily on allstar. I have bumped it up to hall of fame difficulty. I may even bump it up to legend. I have noticed that the directional/timed hitting seems broken or it has been massively changed from last year. I switched to pure analog with stride which has worked out much better so far for me.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 27

Why give up? Just keep playing. It's baseball. All teams go through stretches of hitting well and stretches of not hitting well. No reason to quit and go back to 15.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
Pro

Hitting just seems different this year. I have never had an issue until this year. I like timing hitting as I can just press "x", simplified things for me. I'm not striking out that much, my timing is usually "good", but very rarely do I make solid contact. I have never had an issue in previous years. Frustrated as I love this game and want to enjoy this year's version but I'm sure having trouble. Even the cpu is having trouble as my games are always very low scoring
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #6
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I remember back when MLB 12 came out, I could hit or score any runs. In the first month of my franchise, I don't know if I won any games. Worst slump of my life.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

If the data I seen was correct. ..
2015 the team that led hits per game was around 9. Hrs per game leader was just under 2.
Baseball is a game of ups and downs. .streaks etc. .

Just remember that to see where you're at and want to be.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #8
Pro

It just seems different/harder this year. I get good timing by just pressing x (like I have done in previous years) and I very rarely make solid contact. Pop ups, ground balls and lazy fly balls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »