Home

MLB The Show 16 Server Update #2 Arrives Early in the Morning, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Server Update #2 Arrives Early in the Morning, Details Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 11:09 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: MLB The Show 16 Server Update #2 Arrives Early in the Morning, Details Included

Ramone said that there will be server maintenance again early this morning at 3 AM PST.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 12:14 AM   #26
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: MLB The Show 16 Server Update #2 Arrives Early in the Morning, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
Careful, i've seen others get banned for voicing this grievance.
No, you haven't seen anyone get banned for airing a grievance. You've seen people get banned for the way they go about it. That post was borderline. I understand people are frustrated, so I'll let that last comment slide, but let this be a warning to everyone else. If you can't be rational and constructive, don't hit the post button.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:22 AM   #27
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
No, you haven't seen anyone get banned for airing a grievance. You've seen people get banned for the way they go about it. That post was borderline. I understand people are frustrated, so I'll let that last comment slide, but let this be a warning to everyone else. If you can't be rational and constructive, don't hit the post button.
Don't see how his comment was "borderline" at all. He is saying what alot of us feel.

Not like it was some profanity laced tirade.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:28 AM   #28
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Don't see how his comment was "borderline" at all. He is saying what alot of us feel.

Not like it was some profanity laced tirade.
A poster saying someone has no clue what they're doing when the poster doesn't have knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes is absolutely borderline. Keep personal attacks out of the discussion.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #29
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

I literally don't know what any of that means but I didn't see anything about adding/upgrading servers, maybe I missed it?

I don't even play online modes, I'm exclusively a RTTS player, but because so much of the game is server side I have to sit there twiddling my thumbs all too often.
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal
Old 04-07-2016, 12:38 AM   #30
Pro

Word is that the server speeds fluctuate with Padres runs.....
Old 04-07-2016, 12:38 AM   #31
Pro

dynastynation's Arena

Quote:
A poster saying someone has no clue what they're doing when the poster doesn't have knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes is absolutely borderline. Keep personal attacks out of the discussion.

But with the terrible servers, are they really wrong when they say someone doesn't know what they're doing? I mean, it's been a week and the servers are still pretty terrible. When it takes 5 minutes to load a menu, there is a major problem and someone failed to do their job. I don't see how the post was out of line. They were just stating an opinion about a major issue. When people are paying to play a game mode (battle Royale) and losing connection continuously, they have every right to be upset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 01:37 AM   #32
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
You don't need insider knowledge to know somebody royally screwed up. And if you are going to constantly advertise and promote Pre-Orders like they have, they deserve the criticism.

Whether from a technical side they still have not fixed the online experience(online has been a mess for as long as I have played The Show, so forgive me if I don't give them the benefit of the doubt.) or from a business standpoint they didn't feel the need to have the proper infrastructure in order.

He didn't name drop. SDS is not a singular person. I know a lot users here feel the need to constantly praise and defend the company because they post here, but when you sell a product, and it doesn't work, people are going to be pissed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »