Home

Player and umpire profiles, Am I missing something.

This is a discussion on Player and umpire profiles, Am I missing something. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2016, 01:28 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Player and umpire profiles, Am I missing something.

Although I like the idea of the profiles, I am not quite sure I understand them. They are confusing, and do they change? One of my players has nothing but different colors of happy signs all the way down the list.. Yet his main one changing his ratings says he is UNHAPPY. and down 2 points. If he is so happy with everything, Why is he unhappy. One of my players has 3 UN-happy faces, He is not happy with, Contract, location, and not meeting requirement.. YET his main one says he is ECSTATIC and he has a plus 3.. Does not make since. Some of the happy faces look the exact same, But are different colored. Also only certain players have those options. All of my Major leagues have them, and just few of my Triple A players have them and none of my double a or class A have them.. Also where do I find my umpires tendency's, I know this years game includes 20 umpires each with there own personality. I have searched every place in franchise. Tks in advance.. And finally, Do you think this actually has an effect on the players, Is it worth checking after every game. Or is it just a gimmick. And this is in Franchise only mode..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 02:15 AM   #2
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player and umpire profiles, Am I missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Also where do I find my umpires tendency's, I know this years game includes 20 umpires each with there own personality. I have searched every place in franchise. Tks in advance.. And finally, Do you think this actually has an effect on the players, Is it worth checking after every game. Or is it just a gimmick. And this is in Franchise only mode..
Umpire's tendency's are talked about during games. You will see a OSD of the umpire crew then eric or steve(who really knows which one is which) will give a brief rundown on how each umpire will call the strike zone.
Off topic but i have had ED Drummond 3 or so times as hp umpire and each time after the OSD there has been no commentary about how he calls the game.

As for player moral, i haven't looked into it much so far. I have been messing around in franchise but it's mostly just playing game's atm but i haven't noticed anything like that,most of the players seem happy or content if they are unhappy in one category.

I think it evens itself out,while a few players may take a hit with there ratings there's a good chance you have more players getting a boost.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:54 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Player and umpire profiles, Am I missing something.

Thanks dazzelle for the reply.. Guess I will quit looking for Umpire tendencies.. I will just have to listen and take notes. I will try to move a minor league player up to the majors and see if he develops a tendency moral zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »