Home

Any way to turn off?

This is a discussion on Any way to turn off? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2016, 02:45 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Any way to turn off?

Why not just turn pitch selection off? Review the pitcher you are facing and your pitcher prior to the game and just turn it off? I find it annoying as well.....so that is the easy fix.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:58 PM   #18
Rookie

zman2392's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
Why not just turn pitch selection off? Review the pitcher you are facing and your pitcher prior to the game and just turn it off? I find it annoying as well.....so that is the easy fix.
Thats what I do as well! I don't even like to see my pitchers info on the screen. I want to have to determine myself what pitch is working/my pitchers are confident in and what aren't on any given day. Adds to realism for me. Often times if one of my pitchers pitches isn't being located well/is getting hit hard I wont throw it any more that day, kind of like what tends to happen in real life. But I agree it seems weird that there is no way to just turn it off...
Old 04-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #19
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
Ill give a complete answer here. The only way to turn that off is to turn off "pitch select display", however this also turns off the list of your pitches when pitching. It's as simple as that. As others in this thread have referred to, yes, there is a bug between "pitch select display" and "swing pitch info". For people who want "pitch/swing info" on, but "pitch display" off there is a bug where every new game you start the "swing/pitch info" doesnt show up. The way to fix this is that after the 1st pitch you pause the game, go into settings, and turn "pitch display" on. After that you immediately pause, go to settings, and turn "pitch display" off. This is for people that want a clean screen, but still want to know where the pci ended up with relation to the pitch location. Close the thread.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:18 PM   #20
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
Ill give a complete answer here. The only way to turn that off is to turn off "pitch select display", however this also turns off the list of your pitches when pitching. It's as simple as that. As others in this thread have referred to, yes, there is a bug between "pitch select display" and "swing pitch info". For people who want "pitch/swing info" on, but "pitch display" off there is a bug where every new game you start the "swing/pitch info" doesnt show up. The way to fix this is that after the 1st pitch you pause the game, go into settings, and turn "pitch display" on. After that you immediately pause, go to settings, and turn "pitch display" off. This is for people that want a clean screen, but still want to know where the pci ended up with relation to the pitch location. Close the thread.

Yes it's that simple. And at the start of the game just pause the screen, say in your head like five times in a row the order of your pitches for your starter, and let your catcher call your pitches. It's that simple.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:13 PM   #21
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Yes it's that simple. And at the start of the game just pause the screen, say in your head like five times in a row the order of your pitches for your starter, and let your catcher call your pitches. It's that simple.
No interest in the catcher calling my pitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #22
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
No interest in the catcher calling my pitches.
yeah, I always feel like that's removing strategy from the game. I almost even feel I;m cheating letting the computer call the game.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-11-2016, 11:03 PM   #23
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
yeah, I always feel like that's removing strategy from the game. I almost even feel I;m cheating letting the computer call the game.

Really I feel the complete opposite. I feel like when I choose my own pitches I easily beat the CPU. If you just fast, slow, fast, slow, on almost any level, you can consistently get the CPU out. Using my catchers suggestion on 75% of my pitches makes sure that doesn't happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »