Home

MLB The Show 16: Talking Franchise Mode (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16: Talking Franchise Mode (Roundtable) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB The Show 16: Talking Franchise Mode (Roundtable)

There are a lot of new modes within MLB The Show, but none have managed to captured attention quite like Franchise Mode has been able to over the years. Given the vast amount of depth available -- franchise could be one of the deepest in sports gaming -- there's a huge list of topics available to talk about.

Today we're focusing on the 30 MLB teams and disseminating thoughts on the biggest rebuilding projects and the best option to actually play as in The Show. Check out our thoughts and add your own in the comments!

Read More - MLB The Show 16: Talking Franchise Mode (Roundtable)
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Did they get rid of foul balls in Quick Counts for those of us who like to Manage? Games shouldn't take longer than 10-15 mins. Quick Counts should be altered to Pay Off pitch mode for arm chair managers (CPU v CPU)
Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 16: Talking Franchise Mode (Roundtable)

In the article they say the AI doesnt sign free agents during the season. This is incorrect. In my franchise the Pirates signed Ian Desmond.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:24 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Interesting discussion. Regarding rebuilding, I agree with Millennium. Marlins have a larger budget and some solid players to build around. Phillies have a solid young pitching staff and a couple good young position players. Brewers combine a low budget with a terrible roster. I chose the Brewers - who IRL I don't care for - but I use Crosley Field instead of the warehouse that passes for a baseball stadium in Milwaukee.

Milwaukee is a steep challenge and in manage mode with my self imposed trade restrictions there is no way to joystick or cheat my way out of the basement. The amateur and rule 5 draft will be crucial.

Regarding free agents I do the same as Mike Lowe. Since the CPU doesn't sign free agents until the first off season I don't either. I also use SCEA live rosters - no offense to the OS rosters.

Regarding Chris Sanner's comments about Miami's cool stadium one of the beautiful tools on the internet is the google maps pegman feature. It is beautiful because it isn't scripted. The drive around with their vehicle with all the cameras on top and whatever is there when they drive by is what you see. If you look at the neighborhood adjacent to the Miami ballpark you see bars on doors and windows. It is a very high crime neighborhood and that is one reason attendance is so poor.

The only potential downside to franchise this year for me is what they have done to progression/regression. The CPU teams are all using the sim engine to produce stats while my user controlled team is using the game engine. Different engines produce different stats. Different stats produce different progression. I'm not liking what I'm seeing in progression/regression so far.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0
It wont let me sign anyone i offer then the next day the offer is not there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreAce
It wont let me sign anyone i offer then the next day the offer is not there
You are not going to find answers here in this thread. You want to try the Q&A thread or one of the many Franchise Help threads.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:14 PM   #7
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Millennium:

"CF Jordan Schaefer is a speed demon (98 SPD) that can help you both on the bases (99 STL) and as a late inning defensive replacement (86 RCT). "

Don't know if you knew this Millenium but Jordan Schafer has been converted to a pitcher. A relief pitcher & the last time I checked he was doing pretty well with an ERA of 3.86 for some AL team.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:16 PM   #8
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Millennium:

"CF Jordan Schaefer is a speed demon (98 SPD) that can help you both on the bases (99 STL) and as a late inning defensive replacement (86 RCT). "

Don't know if you knew this Millenium but Jordan Schafer has been converted to a pitcher. A relief pitcher & the last time I checked he was doing pretty well with an ERA of 3.86 for some AL team.
I mean to say some AL MINOR league team. Not for an MLB team. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »