Home

Changing a players secondary position. editor.

This is a discussion on Changing a players secondary position. editor. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Changing a players secondary position. editor.

In this years game, it is stated playing a position player out of his primary position causes him to not play as well, personally, I have not seen this yet. I play as the Indians and on my team in franchise mode I have Jose Ramirez.. he is a 2b man. He has no secondary position listed.. In actuality he plays all IF positions and all OF positions. I believe that this game used to have an IF-OF secondary utility position available in the editor. Now I can only assign him IF or OF not both. Yet I see many players that have those qualities. I have a SS in my minors that can play them all. He is listed as SS on his primary, and when i pull up his card it shows in his secondary position, 2B, 3B,1B, LF, CF, RF, How did they achieve this, and does anyone know a way to fix or add this option. As always, Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by CleveCluby; 04-07-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Changing a players secondary position. editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
In this years game, it is stated playing a position player out of his primary position causes him to not play as well, personally, I have not seen this yet. I play as the Indians and on my team in franchise mode I have Jose Ramirez.. he is a 2b man. He has no secondary position listed.. In actuality he plays all IF positions and all OF positions. I believe that this game used to have an IF-OF secondary utility position available in the editor. Now I can only assign him IF or OF not both. Yet I see many players that have those qualities. I have a second baseman in my minors that can play them all. He is listed as SS on his primary, and when i pull up his card it shows in his secondary position, 2B, 3B,1B, LF, CF, RF, How did they achieve this, and does anyone know a way to fix or add this option. As always, Thanks in advance for any info.
Unfortunately I have not found a way to do this when roster editing. When I was doing my minor league players, there were some that were try utility players but you couldn't edit them that way with the editor.

Like you, I am hopeful that one day they will allow us to create true utility players when doing roster editing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Well that sucks, Was hoping one of the roster creators knew of a way. Obviously it can be done then, but they just don't allow us to do it. It could be a very simple fix, All they would have to do is add it to the editor, and it used to be that way. Many times in a season, minor leaguers and MLB players have to adopt to new positions because of injuries or different circumstances. I guess before every game, the work around would be to go to the editor and switch his secondary position to IF or OF depending on where I think I might need him if a player is cold or not hitting well against a LH or RH picture. ( Which they took that quick stat away this year ) As I say, I don"t really know if it matters other than in my mind, I have seen some horrible rated players make spectacular plays and great players make horrible plays, Even had a position player pitching and threw 4 inns of No Hit BB.. But again, thanks for the reply
Old 04-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Well that sucks, Was hoping one of the roster creators knew of a way. Obviously it can be done then, but they just don't allow us to do it. It could be a very simple fix, All they would have to do is add it to the editor, and it used to be that way. Many times in a season, minor leaguers and MLB players have to adopt to new positions because of injuries or different circumstances. I guess before every game, the work around would be to go to the editor and switch his secondary position to IF or OF depending on where I think I might need him if a player is cold or not hitting well against a LH or RH picture. ( Which they took that quick stat away this year ) As I say, I don"t really know if it matters other than in my mind, I have seen some horrible rated players make spectacular plays and great players make horrible plays, Even had a position player pitching and threw 4 inns of No Hit BB.. But again, thanks for the reply
You're welcome.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »