Home

MLB The Show 16 30-Team Franchise DL Guide (Spreadsheet)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 30-Team Franchise DL Guide (Spreadsheet) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2016, 07:37 PM   #1
KV

majestic24's Arena

OVR: 8

Good day OS!

Below is a spreadsheet I created meant for people who like to play with authentic disabled lists by opening day in their 30-team franchises. Each year in MLB The Show, I manually injure all players that are starting out the season on the DL to reflect real life. Back in the days of last gen, I know that HustlinOwl used to share a franchise file with all the DL's set already. Since we can't do that on the PS4 anymore, I decided to make a spreadsheet instead. I've been using the OSFM roster since day 1 and I believe doing this is another aspect of realism we can add to the game.

All information were gathered from cbssports.com, rosterresource.com, and rotoworld.com.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

INSTRUCTIONS:
-Start a 30-team franchise (with OSFM roster of course!)
-Sim to 3/25/16 (I do not play Spring Training of my first year, I just put the injuries in and play from opening day)
-Make sure injuries are set to manual for all teams
-Sim daily from March 25 until April 3, opening day. Please take note that on each day during this period, there is a team that put somebody on the DL (Almost all DL transactions happen on March 25)
-Go to Disabled list, press R1/L1 and manually injure players based on the spreadsheet (If the guys behind OSFM decide to release the roster with 25-man rosters only, make sure to add the player to the 40-man roster first before putting him on the DL.)
-Once all injuries are set, make sure to save a master file and a backup just in case you want to start your franchise over. Make sure to turn injuries back on as well.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
-The list is arranged by division, and by team order according to the order set in MLB The Show 16's Manage Roster screen.
-The players per team are arranged by the dates when they were put on the DL starting on 3/25/16
-The players listed are only players on the 40-man roster or prospects that are expected to be called up this season.
-Please take note that I set the injury days according to each player's expected day of return based on his latest injury update, which is today, April 7.
-There will be players who injuries do not mirror their injuries in real-life. This is to get the realistic date of return for those players.
-Some players are set to be injured longer or shorter than they are expected to be. In these cases, please look at the notes column where it is mentioned whether you should "manually injure" or "manually activate" the player in your franchise. Of course, it is totally up to you if you want to do this or not, but I set the days to whichever is closer to their expected date of return. The reason for this is because the injuries in the game have a minimum and maximum days you can set to and some players fall in between these given days. Your call.
-There is a limit to how many players you can manually injure and if a team exceeds the limit, I usually injure the higher rated players first.

Doing this can take a long time but I always made sure I did it before I start my franchise because to me, it just adds another layer of realism to this already great game along with the OSFM rosters of course (and may I add SOTS?).

That's all folks! I hope you all have a great year of The Show baseball!

Last edited by majestic24; 04-08-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
Rookie

EmbraceThePace's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 30-Team Franchise DL Guide (Spreadsheet)

Thanks for putting this together! It'll definitely save me some time!

I'm with you. It adds so much realism having real life injuries to start the year.

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/embracepace

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/izomniayt
Old 04-07-2016, 08:12 PM   #3
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic24
Good day OS!

Below is a spreadsheet I created meant for people who like to play with authentic disabled lists by opening day in their 30-team franchises. Each year in MLB The Show, I manually injure all players that are starting out the season on the DL to reflect real life. Back in the days of last gen, I know that HustlinOwl used to share a franchise file with all the DL's set already. Since we can't do that on the PS4 anymore, I decided to make a spreadsheet instead. I've been using the OSFM roster since day 1 and I believe doing this is another aspect of realism we can add to the game.

All information were gathered from cbssports.com, rosterresource.com, and rotoworld.com.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

INSTRUCTIONS:

-Start a 30-team franchise (with OSFM roster of course!)

-Sim to 3/25/16 (I do not play Spring Training of my first year, I just put the injuries in and play from opening day)

-Make sure injuries are set to manual for all teams

-Sim daily from March 25 until April 3, opening day. Please take note that on each day during this period, there is a team that put somebody on the DL (Almost all DL transactions happen on March 25)

-Go to Disabled list, press R1/L1 and manually injure players based on the spreadsheet (If the guys behind OSFM decide to release the roster with 25-man rosters only, make sure to add the player to the 40-man roster first before putting him on the DL. I normally arrange each team's correct 40-man first before putting in the injuries.)

-Once all injuries are set, make sure to save a master file and a backup just in case you want to start your franchise over. Make sure to turn injuries back on as well.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

-The list is arranged by division, and by team order according to the order set in MLB The Show 16's Manage Roster screen.

-The players per team are arranged by the dates when they were put on the DL starting on 3/25/16

-The players listed are only players on the 40-man roster or prospects that are expected to be called up this season.

-Please take note that I set the injury days according to each player's expected day of return based on his latest injury update, which is today, April 7.

-There will be players who injuries do not mirror their injuries in real-life. This is to get the realistic date of return for those players.

-Some players are set to be injured longer or shorter than they are expected to be. In these cases, please look at the notes column where it is mentioned whether you should "manually injure" or "manually activate" the player in your franchise. Of course, it is totally up to you if you want to do this or not, but I set the days to whichever is closer to their expected date of return. The reason for this is because the injuries in the game have a minimum and maximum days you can set to and some players fall in between these given days. Your call.

-There is a limit to how many players you can manually injure and if a team exceeds the limit, I usually injure the higher rated players first.

Doing this is can take a long time but I always made sure I did it before I start my franchise because to me, it just adds another layer of realism to this already great game along with the OSFM rosters of course (and may I add SOTS?).

That's all folks! I hope you all have a great year of The Show baseball!

I actually just did this same exact thing. But I decided not to do 30 team control this year. I want CPU trades, and I want a normal free agency. Instead I've been using two controllers to set the CPU's lineup before each game. Simply having the CPUs lineup accurate makes franchise way more fun.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is amazing bro. Thank you so so much.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:08 PM   #5
King Bundy

MizzyMike05's Arena

OVR: 13

Thank you thank you thank you man much appreciated, this will save us a lot of time when the full minors rosters are released.

Crosby vs. Ovechkin (Blog)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2016, 04:20 AM   #6
KV

majestic24's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceThePace
Thanks for putting this together! It'll definitely save me some time!

I'm with you. It adds so much realism having real life injuries to start the year.
I always use your draft classes on 2k man. Glad to return the favor in a small way.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:46 AM   #7
Rookie

Goose26's Arena

OVR: 3

If I choose not to do 30-team control, will the CPU do a better job of putting players on the DL this year? I know the last couple years, if you manually injured a CPU player, they would wait several days, or just plain not put someone on the DL, and then wouldn't make the corresponding roster moves.

Hoping this has been fixed this year...
Old 04-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 27

Will you be updating this throughout the season or is this just a one and done Opening Day list?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »