Home

MLB 17 Feature Wishes?

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Feature Wishes? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2016, 02:10 PM   #73
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

OVR: 4
Arrow Re: MLB 17 Feature Wishes?

I know it has been said a thousand times before, but I'll say it again: I need a create-A-team mode to make this game playable. I live in North Carolina, and there are no teams anywhere near here. The only team I've ever supported is the Red Sox (I am from New England), but I've never been able to play with them in video games.

RTTS is not something I'm interested in, and neither is online play (unless it's with friends). Without a create-A-team feature (even a basic one), the franchise mode remains useless for me.

TEAMS:
Baseball: Red Sox
Basketball: Celtics, Duke, U Richmond
Football: Duke, U Richmond (FCS)
Old 06-03-2016, 07:39 PM   #74
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 17 Feature Wishes?

When I'm pitching in RTTS, I REALLY need to be able to hit a button to see my defense while on the mound. I never know how my defense is playing when pitching and sometimes have missed a shift and pitched the wrong locations.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:11 AM   #75
Rookie

bradfish16's Arena

First of all I want to say I am loving 16! However there are things I would like to see:

- The ability to import players into an existing franchise. I would love to be able to add the new players from the weekly roster updates into an existing franchise. I realise this could cause issues with Y2Y saves so:
- Ability to export entire rosters from existing franchise.
- Quick counts; my favourite feature in the game. It would be nice if we could have 0-1; 1-0; 2-0 counts.
- More classic stadiums please.
- More roster slots.
- Team identity/player roles; players and staff have toles and philosophies for team-building and financial purposes. Probably overambitious in one dev cycle as I've never played a sports game without squad building AI issues.
- More hair and equipment options for caps would be cool.
- Optional attribute masking and more stats. Have the option to hide ratings in Franchise so talent evaluation would have to rely more on stats
- The above would mean improving the sim engine.

Thanks.
-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #76
MVP

Toupal's Arena

This is kinda small. But I play as the Detroit Tigers, and I am in the year 2021 of a dynasty. I am tired of playing the Royals and 5 years later they still have their World Series championship banner stuff waving all around the stadium.

The same with my Tigers. In centerfield, Detroit has 4 flags with the year they won the world series on them. If I win the 2019 World Series, I would like to see my stadium update and see a fifth flag that says 2019.

I guess the point I am getting at is I would like to see stadiums update over time. Show championship and pennant banners.

Or better yet, even allow us to build new, or add on to current stadiums.

Last edited by Toupal; 06-05-2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: 2021, not 2121
Old 06-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #77
MVP

forme95's Arena

Still would like to see players health in the lineup/rotation screens instead of just before actual game screen.

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)
Old 06-04-2016, 11:00 PM   #78
Rookie

(In no particular order of importance)
1.We need WAY more variety in the commentary. I play ALOT of offline franchise and get tired of hearing the same predictable stuff all year.

2. Charging the mound should be added. At least in cut scene form. Nothing even becomes of batters getting plunked. A little bench clearing here and there never hurt anyone... (Think MVP baseball) And, of course suspensions should ensue.

3. We should be able to choose the instance im which the mgr. comes out to challenge a play, not the cpu.

4. We should be able to bring our mgr. out argue calls with umps on occasion and have the possibility of him being ejected or not. And have those results give the team a positive or negative morale/temporary ratings boost. (This worked well in now classic MVP Baseball 05)

5. Relievers should get tired when you leave them in the bullpen warming up too long. I've totally forgotten an guy was warming up a couple times when the pitcher on the mound started performing better....for like 3 innings!!! I go look at the reliever, and he's still at full energy. Yeah right.... (This was also another great attention to detail feature in MVP baseball)

Just my 2 cent. Spend it wisely Sand Diego Studio...

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #79
Rookie

Oh yeah, who wouldn't want a "build your own stadium" feature added?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2016, 11:13 PM   #80
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Online Franchise with the same features as Offline Franchise.

Why when scheduling a fantasy draft for online franchise do I have to select a certain number of hours after the league activates? Why can't I schedule the draft for a certain time and date? (Ex. June 4th, 7pm cst)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »