Home

Too easy this year?

This is a discussion on Too easy this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2016, 09:51 PM   #9
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too easy this year?

I find this thread kind of funny. Yes, the game is easier this year, but that's not a bad thing. Remember they are trying to make it easier for newcomers, and did anybody ever comfortably play on legend? Sliders can still make each level even harder... so while I agree with you, I'm not sure I see an issue.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:05 AM   #10
Rookie

Seltaeb9091's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
I agree, especially when it comes to pitching. I've played on All-Star level for years (both hitting and pitching) and only needed to make minor slider adjustments. This year it looks like I'm going to have to jump to HOF.

The cpu seems to swing and miss at everything. My strikeouts are insane. However - and here is where I see a potential problem - certain games the cpu just blasts everything and anything close, then it goes back to hitting terribly again.

In a series I just finished I gave up a total of four hits in two games, had two complete game shutouts with a total of 19 strikeouts and no walks (with mediocre pitchers). The next game I gave up 12 runs and 18 hits, only to come back the next game and give up 1 run and 5 hits with no walks.

The variance here is a little on the bizarre side and somewhat unrealistic.
This is my same exact experience. I normally use All-Star difficulty across the board with marginally modified sliders, and I would usually get reasonable results. This year, the second and third game I played on 16 were dominant pitching performances backed by an overly potent offense. Just when I think I should bump up the difficulty, my pitchers are seemingly setting everything on a tee for the computer. Weird.

Every time The Show comes out, I always have to play about 5-10 games before I become comfortable with that year's version. (I'll even admit that I was no-hit once during one of my breaking in periods.) This year's version seems like I've practically hit the ground running. No matter, I'm sure tweaking things here and there will finally produce the perfect balance for me.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:09 AM   #11
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Is this turning into a comeback logic thread?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #12
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

Just a suggestion, try a different interface. I find it hard to believe using classic pitching and 0 control and consistency that it would be too easy. Just, my opinion though
Old 04-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #13
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Is this turning into a comeback logic thread?
Seems to be more along the lines of, "The AI no longer has comeback logic, give it back"
Old 04-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Seems to be more along the lines of, "The AI no longer has comeback logic, give it back"
Nobody here has argued anything close to this. We're noticing the game is easier for us. That's all.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #15
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

There's been a couple of snide remarks in this thread and I dont think its necessary. My opinion is that they made HoF easier because the gap between HoF and AS the last few years has been too distant for some to make the change. As someone who has been a HOF default player I find HOF default to be too easy this year. Im actually using classic pitching on HOF default with cpu contact at 6 while removing vibration and pitching markers and im hitting on legend using zone because directional hitting is pretty broken on any difficulty higher than AS. I understand what the OP is saying. There's no reason to to reply so impolitely just for the sake of disagreeing with him. Geez.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »