Home

Watching MLB: If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread

This is a discussion on Watching MLB: If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2018, 12:17 AM   #401
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Watching MLB; If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread

It's impossible to get any run support on days Jacob deGrom pitches. Hitting is scripted on those days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 11:28 PM   #402
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

25 runs? Are you serious? I know my team is under .500 but come on. My AA pitchers probably wouldn't give up that many runs!

No major league staff is that bad. This game is so scripted. Look at the innings after the first - three every single time! What's the odds of scoring three runs per inning for four innings in a row?

Then the minute I get one run...BAM the script gives them six.

Someone needs to tell me what to do about this. Don't even tell me that "it happens" because it's off and you and I both know it.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #403
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
25 runs? Are you serious? I know my team is under .500 but come on. My AA pitchers probably wouldn't give up that many runs!

No major league staff is that bad. This game is so scripted. Look at the innings after the first - three every single time! What's the odds of scoring three runs per inning for four innings in a row?

Then the minute I get one run...BAM the script gives them six.

Someone needs to tell me what to do about this. Don't even tell me that "it happens" because it's off and you and I both know it.
I thought hitting was broken in this game. You seem to show the CPU knows how to hit. How did you get Jose Reyes to pitch? I can't get Ohtani to play the field and pitch...was there a setting I was supposed to check before I started my franchise? Maybe you need to lower the difficulty to give you a chance. Change it from "Rookie" to "Mets"....I find that helps.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:10 PM   #404
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I thought hitting was broken in this game. You seem to show the CPU knows how to hit. How did you get Jose Reyes to pitch? I can't get Ohtani to play the field and pitch...was there a setting I was supposed to check before I started my franchise? Maybe you need to lower the difficulty to give you a chance. Change it from "Rookie" to "Mets"....I find that helps.
I tried using the "Mets" setting you suggested...but all of my players instantaneously became injured and the game froze on the loading screen
Old 08-06-2018, 01:09 AM   #405
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

This game is clearly still cheating. Gave up one run in eighth innings. Then like magic can’t get anybody out and they tie the game and of course I lose the game in ten innings- Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 05:45 PM   #406
MVP

OVR: 9

This game is so boring.

Swept a four game series against my AL East rival, and in doing so, dismantled the team with the most home runs in all of baseball, as well as the second most hits and slugging percentage in the entire league.

Two of my cast-off pitchers threw shut out baseball, and one of my pitchers, I think maybe my number three starter, threw a complete-game one hitter.

My best pitcher didn't even throw one pitch.

Need to bump up the realism next year.

~syf
Old 08-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #407
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
This game is so boring.

Swept a four game series against my AL East rival, and in doing so, dismantled the team with the most home runs in all of baseball, as well as the second most hits and slugging percentage in the entire league.

Two of my cast-off pitchers threw shut out baseball, and one of my pitchers, I think maybe my number three starter, threw a complete-game one hitter.

My best pitcher didn't even throw one pitch.

Need to bump up the realism next year.

~syf
a rebooted ''Boston Massacre'' lol
lets hope you dont have to play them in October, when the judge will be presiding again. I'd hate to hear a 110 win team didnt make it to the Worlds Serious because somebody like Neil "Bleeping" Walker hit a cheap popfly homer into the Monster.

A Work in Progress
Old 08-06-2018, 09:23 PM   #408
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
a rebooted ''Boston Massacre'' lol
lets hope you dont have to play them in October, when the judge will be presiding again. I'd hate to hear a 110 win team didnt make it to the Worlds Serious because somebody like Neil "Bleeping" Walker hit a cheap popfly homer into the Monster.

I can’t imagine that Aaron Judge would get traded to the A’s in order to face the Redsox in October, but hey, stranger things have happened

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »