Home

Watching MLB: If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread

This is a discussion on Watching MLB: If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Watching MLB; If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
No I know what forum this is

Wow that was a deep cut. Bravo
Old 08-17-2018, 09:04 PM   #418
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
The running game is clearly broken in Madden. I think there should be 5 or 6 threads dedicated to the bad running game. It cost me a shut out. Actually, I'm grateful I won. My 65 rated QB did his usual robo-QB 85% completion, Tom Brady-like performance to get me three touchdowns and my place kicker netted me three more points with a field goal (seriously, do the kickers ever miss in the game?). But here's the problem: I'm New York and I'm playing Philly. Twice I have the ball inside my own 2. I have a 95 average rated line going against their 75 rated line and linebackers...I should blow them off the line every time, right, because that is how video games are supposed to work, higher rated player always beats lower rated player? But the run game is so broken when I hand off to my back he doesn't get out of the endzone...TWICE. I lose my shut out and bonus XP to Two Safeties. Sure I won 24-4....but when was the last time a pro team scored FOUR points as a final. Totally unrealistic.

I re-started the game and it was worse. No passing, no running just auto-field goals and Philly beats me 9-6, three field goals to two. No consistency!

(OK, I admit I am really reaching on this entry!)
Four point game totals happen routinely in my experience. I've seen plenty teams kick a field goal, and later make an ''automatic'' XP after missing the TD. heck, one time I saw a team miss 4 TD's and still make all the XP's.
I also respectfully disagree about the run game being broken. the Run&Shoot (aka Run'n'Gun) is extremely effective especially when used in conjunction with steals. you just have to immediately fastbreak into an easy layup or dunk.
but seriously coach, you bring that tennis talk into the Watermelon Forum again , you're asking for trouble and a temporary ban combined with a perma-ban. THAT is the most deadly ban OS has to offer. Cheers mate and Happy Surfing.

A Work in Progress
Old 08-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #419
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Four point game totals happen routinely in my experience. I've seen plenty teams kick a field goal, and later make an ''automatic'' XP after missing the TD. heck, one time I saw a team miss 4 TD's and still make all the XP's.
I also respectfully disagree about the run game being broken. the Run&Shoot (aka Run'n'Gun) is extremely effective especially when used in conjunction with steals. you just have to immediately fastbreak into an easy layup or dunk.
but seriously coach, you bring that tennis talk into the Watermelon Forum again , you're asking for trouble and a temporary ban combined with a perma-ban. THAT is the most deadly ban OS has to offer. Cheers mate and Happy Surfing.
As long as I'm not on double secret probation.

Upon further review as the zebras say, I suppose 4 points is doable when the Blue Jays play, you know a figgy and a rouge, with those wacky Canadian rules. But tonight all they've managed is a try but missed the conversion (the Jays play rugby union rules, right?). Though it looks like a Yanks batsman put the ball over the boundary for six. I think someone mistakenly coded some cricket rules into my game. Could be in for another scripted barn burner.

I think I've mixed the games and metaphors quite enough for one day
Old 08-19-2018, 09:00 AM   #420
MVP

Glad to see they added balks to the game. Really glad to see this!
-Mariners
Old 08-19-2018, 10:40 AM   #421
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Glad to see they added balks to the game. Really glad to see this!-Mariners
Ah, but I bet YOU weren't the Mariners.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 08-19-2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: weren't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #422
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Ah, but I bet YOU weren't the Mariners.
Oh, shoot, you're right!

How can they program a hair trigger touch of the controller so that I balk and lose the game. Boo balks! BOOO!

-The Dodgers

Seriously: that sums up a statement I made in the Fifa forum about programming human error into the CPU, which makes many of these sports games less realistic when playing solo, but we as users will have no issues making bat swings, bad throws, bad passes, etc...all the things we see on TV.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:14 AM   #423
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0

Really? I just happen to hit into 5 double plays in one game? I still won the game but what the heck. It seemed like every time I got someone on base I was hitting into a twin killing. This game is really getting on my nerves.

- Houston Astros
Old 08-22-2018, 02:21 AM   #424
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
Really? I just happen to hit into 5 double plays in one game? I still won the game but what the heck. It seemed like every time I got someone on base I was hitting into a twin killing. This game is really getting on my nerves.

- Houston Astros
5? Try SEVEN.

- Pirates, five days ago

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/cubs-vs-...ap,game=531236

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »