Home

Input Lag -__-

This is a discussion on Input Lag -__- within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2016, 09:21 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Input Lag -__-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Its has 58ms of lag according to this. Not good. But not bad.
This says my ASUS VS238 monitor has an 11ms input lag. I knew when I got it that it had a really good lag, which I noticed immediately in other games when I got it. The downside is that I'm using a 23 inch monitor for gaming, but I sit close. At least I have glasses now...
Old 04-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #18
Pro

shark547's Arena

I did my research on this and bought the best tv I could find for input lag and not be a monitor. (At least from the site I saw) It is a Sony 60 inch. I can definitely tell the difference. Not sure how much my receiver is costing though...

Don't be surprised you are early on fastballs this year. They changed the pitch speed to be slower or made your swing faster...not sure which. Something in the game has definitely been changed. I am early on everything and I am pulling homers. Last year I was pretty much only a pull hitter.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:50 PM   #19
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I cannot stress this enough... double check that you have your game setup properly on a "game mode." I played two seasons of MLB The Show without having this feature on. Discovered it last year and it was like an entirely new ball game. Literally.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #20
Rookie

It's not the game's issue bro, it's your TV. I'm guessing your TV is older since it doesn't have game mode (Come to think of it, I don't even know when game mode was first introduced). If you're playing online only, maybe it's server lag, in which case I'd say try a single player game to make sure, but if it lags like that offline too, it's definitely your TV.

I highly recommend this site to anyone thinking about buying a new TV, for any reason: http://www.rtings.com/ They review each TV based on pretty much any category under the sun, and you can search all of the reviews based on price range, so if you want a TV under $500 for example, you can search for all reviews for TV's currently under $500.

I actually just bought a TV last week, and all of my research came from there. I'm extremely happy with what I got, and the info about the TV I got was spot on.

Here's their explanation of input lag, how they test it, a list of TV's rated from lowest to highest response time, and some settings that can be turned off or down to help reduce the lag for TV's without game mode: http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/video-games/input-lag

If your TV has any of those settings on, turning them off (or to the lowest setting if they can't be turned off) might be all you need to do. Quick note, they didn't start doing tests until 2013 or 2014, so they won't have any info for models that came out before that. Hope that helps, I know it's kind of a lot... lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »