Home

Input Lag -__-

This is a discussion on Input Lag -__- within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Input Lag -__-

Why is there no calibration option in this game? I got a 55 inch RCA (garbage I know) but the input lag is HORRIBLE! Hitting and pitching is pretty much impossible at this point without being late on everything.

My tv doesn't have a game mode, it's the first thing I tried to do. Has anyone ever successfully combated this issue when your tv doesn't have a "game mode"? I can't really afford to buy another TV. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Input Lag -__-

Sorry to hear that mate. I struggled a few years ago with a crappy 32in Emerson that didnt have any game mode or any way to fix input lag. I actually had to buy a CRT TV off craigslist because I couldnt stand how much it affected my play. Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do except buy another TV. IK you said that wasnt an option, but even if you could muster up $200-250 just to buy a 32" with less input lag you will be happier. Just my 2cents from my own personal experience and shared frustration.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Why is there no calibration option in this game?
that would not help a tv with poor input delay. no offense, but in tech terms what you have is a "garbage in, garbage out" situation. if your tv is the problem, no software feature in the game will help you.

your input lag is bad because your tv has bad input delay. the best you can hope for (without a dedicated gaming mode) is to manually turn off EVERY feature your tv has that uses processing power to display.

then cross your fingers.

oh, and as a last point, gamers, never buy a tv unless you research it's input delay first!!!!! here are some sites to help:

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-...best?uxtv=97b6
NCAA - CLEMSON

Last edited by CRIP4LIFE; 04-10-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:02 PM   #4
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

CRIP4LIFE - I noticed on those pages that the majority of TV's on there have a refresh rate of 60hz. I was under the impression that a 120hz refresh rate was the way to go for gaming.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:16 PM   #5
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
CRIP4LIFE - I noticed on those pages that the majority of TV's on there have a refresh rate of 60hz. I was under the impression that a 120hz refresh rate was the way to go for gaming.
well.. for refresh rate and consoles, no. 120hz is of no matter -- even further it's an extreme hinderance. all consoles max refresh at 60hz (60 frames per second).

on any gaming setup, you do NOT want your tv set on anything higher than 60hz. more will mean the tv is drawing in fake frames to fill the gap. you dont want that at all. that adds tremendous input lag (display lag).
NCAA - CLEMSON

Last edited by CRIP4LIFE; 04-10-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #6
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
well.. for refresh rate and consoles, no. 120hz is of no matter -- even further it's an extreme hinderance. all consoles max refresh at 60hz (60 frames per second).

on any gaming setup, you do NOT want your tv set on anything higher than 60hz. more will mean the tv is drawing in fake frames to fill the gap. you dont want that at all. that adds tremendous input lag (display lag).
Good info, thanks Crip. I have a good tv right now, but I will take this into account when I start my search for a new tv down the road.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #7
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Gaming monitor changed my Show life. Using dynamic went from Rookie+/Veteran to Allstar level hitter instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-RL2455HM-...=operasport-20

Last edited by NYJin2011tm; 04-10-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #8
MVP

Hmm, I wonder, I'm using a sharp 80 uq17u, don't have it on game mode, it's a 240hz, but have no issue with input lag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »