Home

PCI placement

This is a discussion on PCI placement within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2016, 10:21 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PCI placement

Here is a youtube video of me hitting back to back to back jacks and it shows how I go about zone hitting.

https://youtu.be/M1GRW_d1bns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #26
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2392
Good point on the camera. I like how fisheye you can see the stadium better but couldn't hit to save my life with it. I now use a custom camera that just centers the fisheye so its no longer offset and I hit ALOT better.

I am doing something kind of like that. I am doing fisheye zoomed in some and lowered some. It is working while. I can see pitches better then with default fisheye but I can still see the baselines.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:31 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah the nice thing about that system too is you get better at reading pitches and specific pitched that pitcher is throwing. Often times on 1 strike counts when I am aiming high I take something low and I am surprised its a ball! Helps me alot with my recognition for the rest of the game

I finally got it! Did just like you said and it went great. I think one mistake I made before was to react too early on pitches and that made me jerk the PCI. Now I went in with the mindset "don't do too much - take a walk".

In one game I faced a pitcher for the second time in one inning with the bases loaded and one out. He was very wild and all I thought was if I draw a walk I won't hit into a DP. Maybe not the best mindset when you're the cleanup hitter BUT: On a 2-0 count he threw a fastball right down the middle and I got a hold of that ball. A grand slam that went 455 feet into the windows in Minute Maid Park's left center field. So awesome. And it felt like I did it, not the randomness of Directional hitting. I drew two walks in the other games too so the patience is definitely there.

Another thing I did was to never guess a pitch type. Before, and I'm kinda ashamed to say it, I used to guess 4SFB in hitter's counts and if I got it, great. The problem with that is the tendency to swing as soon as you hear the blip. Now it was all location. And timing of course

Last edited by rollerpig79; 04-13-2016 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #28
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
PCI placement

I actually turn the PCI off bc it seems to distract me a bit and I like a clean screen.

But I start out holding my PCI up just a bit in the upper/mid part of the strike zone and then adjust towards the pitch as it comes in.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #29
MVP

Ed_Farias's Arena

OVR: 14

One thing I constantly struggle with is hitting the swing button a split second before I move the PCI. It's like my right hand thumb finger has a faster reaction time from my brain, haha. When this happens, obvioulsy the PCI doesn't move to where I want it to when I swing, because I have already swung.

Some times I really have to concentrate on making sure I move first and swing second. The muscle memory is getting better.

Also, like others have started, I took the fish eye camera and move it slightly down do it's more centered in the middle of the strike zone. Helps me with low pitches.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #30
Rookie

zman2392's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerpig79
I finally got it! Did just like you said and it went great. I think one mistake I made before was to react too early on pitches and that made me jerk the PCI. Now I went in with the mindset "don't do too much - take a walk".

In one game I faced a pitcher for the second time in one inning with the bases loaded and one out. He was very wild and all I thought was if I draw a walk I won't hit into a DP. Maybe not the best mindset when you're the cleanup hitter BUT: On a 2-0 count he threw a fastball right down the middle and I got a hold of that ball. A grand slam that went 455 feet into the windows in Minute Maid Park's left center field. So awesome. And it felt like I did it, not the randomness of Directional hitting. I drew two walks in the other games too so the patience is definitely there.

Another thing I did was to never guess a pitch type. Before, and I'm kinda ashamed to say it, I used to guess 4SFB in hitter's counts and if I got it, great. The problem with that is the tendency to swing as soon as you hear the blip. Now it was all location. And timing of course
Awesome! Glad I could help! The best part of it too is sometimes with that strategy you have to adjust based on what the pitcher has. Nothing is more rewarding then getting destroyed by changeups but finally getting a hold of one by starting your PCI low on a 2-1 count! I find when I go back to directional hitting now I can not hit because I try to hit absolutely everything in the strike zone.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:03 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
I find when I go back to directional hitting now I can not hit because I try to hit absolutely everything in the strike zone.

Haha, I know what you mean. I tried it last night in BP, just for fun. Almost everything was popups and choppers. But I guess that's a good thing because some of those choppers would've been singles and the popups would've been extra base hits if Zone was on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 10:01 AM   #32
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnharlem130st
So being new to Zone hitting I had a quick question. The way I've been hitting is by starting the PCI in the lower outside corner. I've heard of people start the at bat by aiming higher in the zone. Just curious what method you guys use for where you aim the PCI BEFORE the pitcher throws the ball? Thanks!

If I have a guy throwing 95+ I'll start mine inside. It's easier to go out than to come in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »