Home

RTTS: Pitcher... Being taken out?

This is a discussion on RTTS: Pitcher... Being taken out? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #1
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

OVR: 0
RTTS: Pitcher... Being taken out?

So, basically my player was finally called up from the minors and in my second start I had a No Hitter through 6.1 innings, my pitch count was under 70... and I got pulled for giving up an infield single? (Or my SS did anyway... he stood there and let a 75 speed guy on base)

It makes no sense... then we also went from a 1-0 lead to losing 5-1. lol

Might not care if we didn't lose- again- once my player was pulled for giving up ONE hit. It's stupid and frustrating...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS: Pitcher... Being taken out?

Turn down the manager hook slider lol.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

there is a hook slider?
Old 04-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
Senior AI Programmer - MLB: The Show

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caius101
So, basically my player was finally called up from the minors and in my second start I had a No Hitter through 6.1 innings, my pitch count was under 70... and I got pulled for giving up an infield single? (Or my SS did anyway... he stood there and let a 75 speed guy on base)..
Sorry to hear. How high is your stamina attribute? The MLB starter range is typically 70 to 99 attribute points. The manager hook slider also adjusts when you get pulled.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:48 PM   #5
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SCEA
Sorry to hear. How high is your stamina attribute? The MLB starter range is typically 70 to 99 attribute points. The manager hook slider also adjusts when you get pulled.
Brian... Can you comment on AI bullpen management? There's a few threads about it already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #6
Senior AI Programmer - MLB: The Show

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Brian... Can you comment on AI bullpen management? There's a few threads about it already.
It's on my list to research these issues in depth, then identify what we can do.

I asked my question here to see if a low stamina attribute could be making the problem worse for RTTS call-ups. I.e. when stamina is below 70. Normally, under 70 stamina is reserved for long/middle relievers. This is a problem because players in real life can switch roles and see their stamina change drastically (presumably, in exchange for a small amount of performance). No such conversion mechanism exists or would be consistent with how RTTS is done without a deeper design. It's a lot of change and risk to address this, but we do have other options if not that.

Last edited by Brian SCEA; 04-11-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:42 PM   #7
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
It's on my list to research these issues in depth, then identify what we can do.

I asked my question here to see if a low stamina attribute could be making the problem worse for RTTS call-ups. I.e. when stamina is below 70. Normally, under 70 stamina is reserved for long/middle relievers. This is a problem because players in real life can switch roles and see their stamina change drastically (presumably, in exchange for a small amount of performance). No such conversion mechanism exists or would be consistent with how RTTS is done without a deeper design. It's a lot of change and risk to address this, but we do have other options if not that.
Great, thanks for answering!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2016, 03:20 AM   #8
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

I'm no developer, so I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but what if relievers, by and large, had similar stamina to starters, but took bigger hits for playing too many games in too short a period?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »