Home

RTTS Impressions

This is a discussion on RTTS Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2
RTTS Impressions

Forgive me if this has been posted. I've searched and didn't see anything.

IMO RTTS is the best feature this year. I love the pace and the attention it was given. Was able to play over a full season worth of games in a weekend. With that said i'd like to hear some of your experiences with it. How have you fared? How long did it take to get called up? Were you traded?

I created a SS and decided i'd focus on defense so that I can prolong being called up. Wanted a full year in the minors. So I went through the showcase and got drafted second round, 15th pick to Baltimore. Playing on HOF (No guess pitch) I raised my contact to 50/50 and left my power at 40/40. Hit .282 my first month in AA. Just after got called up to AAA. Started off pretty hot and then got traded to the Nationals for Bronson Arroyo. I was pretty pissed. I like the Nationals I just felt I was worth more than Bronson Arroyo . Afterwards I didn't hit so well, ended the season in AAA hitting roughly .240. But I did raise my fielding attributes all over 75. Decided year two was for hitting. Started raising my hitting attributes to about 60. At the end of May I was called up to the majors. So far i've played a little under a month, hitting between 300-310 but with an OBP hovering around 400. I've walked a lot but i've also struck out more than I like. So far i's been great. Looking forward to hearing some other experiences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: RTTS Impressions

Best new feature is ability to play games without hopping back into the menu.

From what I have seen around here hardly anyone uses showtime or the perks. I dont either, as I feel it is very unrealistic and makes it feel like an arcade game compared to a baseball sim.

Other then that the mode is pretty much the same as in years past.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Best new feature is ability to play games without hopping back into the menu.

From what I have seen around here hardly anyone uses showtime or the perks. I dont either, as I feel it is very unrealistic and makes it feel like an arcade game compared to a baseball sim.

Other then that the mode is pretty much the same as in years past.
I've left showtime on only because there are trophies related to it (I do like collecting trophies from time to time). I only see myself using it on defense though when it pops up. I like it in that instance. Gives a Web Gem kind of feel to defense. I tried using it at the plate. It took a while before I could actually figure out how to hit the pitch lol. I used it until I got the trophy, after that I don't bother with it.

I'm actually a little confused as I write this though. On defense when they tell you to press R1 in slow motion (I use buttons), is that considered showtime? Or is that a new feature by the show? Because I hate that R2 crap on defense as well. Can't figure it out for the life of me. But when R1 pops to dive and then make the throw I love that.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

MLB The Show '16 Impressions.

Edit: Also Official Road to the Show '16 Thread

Last edited by dalger21; 04-12-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Thank you.

OP, please use either of the linked threads for your impressions.

Closed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »