Home

Informal survey

This is a discussion on Informal survey within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #73
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Informal survey

* Sabermetric or any other stats tracked/displayed. A few? A lot? Which ones? Where to display? extended boxscore like at MLB.com.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:14 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 8

1) How important are any of these features to you?
* Allow Dynamic Difficulty to advance multiple difficulties in 1 game.
I don't use Dynamic Difficulty because it changes the experience too much. I'd rather find a difficulty and settings I like and change it when it becomes too easy.

* Way to remove R2 reminder OSD. If yes, by game option? Something else?
It doesn't bother me.

* Pitcher/Batter Analysis on d-pad. Which d-pad direction?
I miss being able to quickly see the pitcher's full stats ... W/L/ERA/ and their pitching line. Pushing left on the D-Pad or tapping the big center pad would be optimal

* More stats/information on d-pad. Which ones?
See above. All pitcher's current stats and game line. Maybe batter's stats vs. handedness of the pitcher and last 10 games?

* Bring back the dotted line display showing your pitch break after a pitch crosses the plate.
Not important to me

* Tone down HR Derby power (fun vs. realism)
I'd love to see the option of 'sim' vs 'arcade' for HR derby

* AVG/HR/RBI in batter walkup display. If yes, always?
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES...YES

* Player energy OSD more readable. If yes, how should it look?
Yes needs to be more readable. Maybe a face a horizontal bar. Seems most intuitive. Or just put an icon next to players who are tiring or tired or playing hurt...kind of like the band aid. Not sure what it would look like though.

?

2) Do you use and like any of these features?
* Dynamic Difficulty NO
* Showtime (slow down time) NO - HATE IT
* RTTS Perks YES
* Pitcher/Batter Analysis menu NO BECAUSE IT'S NOT USEFUL.
* Game Log NEVER USE IT
* Strategy Guide NEVER USE IT

3) Finally, a very subjective question: Which 2 or 3 pitchers and hitters do you think are the best to use in-game? The worst?

I prefer to use pitchers that have realistic animations. Chris Sale, Max Scherzer, Madison Bumgarner. I like to use hitters that have power and can hit for average... Bryce Harper and Mike Trout come to mind. I hit really well with Brett Gardner for some reason
Old 04-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #75
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SCEA
Hi, I have a 3-part informal survey about some ideas that came up in discussions. Feel free to answer as few or many as you like.

Not very important to me, it's easy enough to play some Play Now games and just exit out once I reach a new level and then start a new game.
I tend to play with most OSDs off, so this isn't super important to me. I wouldn't be opposed to a game option to remove it.
I would say this is fairly important to me. And d-pad direction would be fine, but it would be very nice to pull up that info without pausing and going through the menu each time.
I wouldn't mind seeing pitcher/hitter matchup stats.
* Bring back the dotted line display showing your pitch break after a pitch crosses the plate.
I prefer no lines actually.
No opinion
I would actually like more dynamic and contextual walkup stats. Batter stats vs. pitcher, with RISP, or whatever the context calls for.
* Player energy OSD more readable. If yes, how should it look?
Somewhat important, either back to old way or adding color in some way to distinguish between various degress of energy.
* Game watch option for RTTS
No opinion.
* The ability to manually or automatically set the color of your controller. How?
Not important at all
* Sabermetric or any other stats tracked/displayed. A few? A lot? Which ones? Where to display?
Quite important, the more the better. Would like to see advanced fielding stats, FIP/FIP-, wOBA, wRC+, etc. I would like to see them in Team Stats page, player profile, league-wide, and occasionally brought up in the in-game presentation.
* Any other stat or OSD that was removed that you want to see again?
Can't think of any at the moment

* Dynamic Difficulty
Yes, I think this has been a great addition.
* Showtime (slow down time)
Don't use it, don't play RTTS or much player lock, not opposed to it.
* RTTS Perks
Don't play RTTS
* Pitcher/Batter Analysis menu
Yes, use it and very glad it exists.
* Game Log
Use occasionally, think it's good (especially ump and weather info)
* Strategy Guide
Don't use but think it's a good idea to have.

3) Finally, a very subjective question: Which 2 or 3 pitchers and hitters do you think are the best to use in-game? The worst?
I'm afraid I haven't played nearly enough yet to have an answer for this one.

It's not my call, but I guarantee I'll be bringing each point up in wishlist discussions even if nobody else mentions them. Thank you!
Thank you Brian for reaching out for feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #76
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Answers boldened for questions relevant to me.

Quote:
Let it show for the first at bat of the game, then remove, its still there when you press R2, just not on the screen all the time.
* Pitcher/Batter Analysis on d-pad. Which d-pad direction? Right.
* AVG/HR/RBI in batter walkup display. If yes, always? YES - always, every at bat, large in the first of the game, smaller fonts in later at bats below the "today" stats.
* Sabermetric or any other stats tracked/displayed. A few? A lot? Which ones? Where to display? A lot - FIP/WAR/OPS

* Dynamic Difficulty - No
* Showtime (slow down time) No
* RTTS PerksNo
* Pitcher/Batter Analysis menu - Yes - and like.
* Game Log - Yes
* Strategy Guide No
Old 04-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #77
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

One thing I would like added to the D-Pad is the ability to see what players your opponents have on their bench and who is left in their bullpen. Unless I am missing something there is no way to see who your opponent has left to pinch hit which isn't too bad if you are playing normal online games since you can learn the rosters, but as a mainly DD player I never have an idea who is sitting on the bench waiting to murder my lefty reliever.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:08 AM   #78
Rookie

adamsst2's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm good with the game as-is for the most part. The only thing I would say is the more stats available the better.

The biggest request I have is to add a RTTS to the Show Nation website like in years past. RTTS is my favorite game mode and not being able to compare stats to others is very frustrating.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:09 AM   #79
Rookie

JYakubowski's Arena

OVR: 1

Answers are in BOLD. Thanks for soliciting some input!

* Allow Dynamic Difficulty to advance multiple difficulties in 1 game. I think this would be great, especially in the early games of the year
* Way to remove R2 reminder OSD. If yes, by game option? Something else? I would like the option to remove/add any on-screen options
* Pitcher/Batter Analysis on d-pad. Which d-pad direction? Would be a neat option. I would say left for direction
* More stats/information on d-pad. Which ones? Always in for more stats/information. Not sure for direction though
* Bring back the dotted line display showing your pitch break after a pitch crosses the plate. Not important
* Tone down HR Derby power (fun vs. realism) Realism
* AVG/HR/RBI in batter walkup display. If yes, always? Yes, always
* Player energy OSD more readable. If yes, how should it look? Yes. Not sure on look though. Maybe a radial on the screen next to the last pitch. Maybe tie it in to the controller light bar (as asked later)
* Game watch option for RTTS Not important
* The ability to manually or automatically set the color of your controller. How? Not important for manually setting. I think you could possibly tie player energy into it though with a color scale from green to red
* Sabermetric or any other stats tracked/displayed. A few? A lot? Which ones? Where to display? Always in for more stats. The more the better!
* Any other stat or OSD that was removed that you want to see again? Not that I can recall right now

* Dynamic Difficulty Love it. Use it all the time!
* Showtime (slow down time) Don't use/not a fan
* RTTS Perks Don't use/not a fan
* Pitcher/Batter Analysis menu Use it regularly
* Game Log Use it regularly
* Strategy Guide Don't use

3) Finally, a very subjective question: Which 2 or 3 pitchers and hitters do you think are the best to use in-game? The worst? I don't have an answer on specific players. However, for pitchers I prefer guys with quicker motions/windups. Batters - no real opinion

It's not my call, but I guarantee I'll be bringing each point up in wishlist discussions even if nobody else mentions them. Thank you![/quote]
Old 04-13-2016, 11:13 AM   #80
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Hi, I have a 3-part informal survey about some ideas that came up in discussions. Feel free to answer as few or many as you like.

* Player energy OSD more readable. If yes, how should it look? The way it was before with bars was better than the circles.
* Game watch option for RTTS
* The ability to manually or automatically set the color of your controller. How?
* Sabermetric or any other stats tracked/displayed. A few? A lot? Which ones? Where to display?
* Any other stat or OSD that was removed that you want to see again?

* Dynamic Difficulty
* Showtime (slow down time)
* RTTS Perks
* Pitcher/Batter Analysis menu
* Game Log
* Strategy Guide

It's not my call, but I guarantee I'll be bringing each point up in wishlist discussions even if nobody else mentions them. Thank you!
Glad I could answer a few. I had only 1 feature I would like to have brought back. I want to see broadcast as an option online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »