Home

MLB Live Roster Update 4/13 has bad stats for rookies

This is a discussion on MLB Live Roster Update 4/13 has bad stats for rookies within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #17
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB Live Roster Update 4/13 has bad stats for rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Why even state this if we all know you won't...
You don't know if I will or not. so....
Old 04-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #18
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I understand frustration but there is some extreme disrespect going on for developers who spend more time here than any other team.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:50 PM   #19
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

OVR: 0

If any of you remember, NBA 2K16 had a very awful launch...
Old 04-13-2016, 05:00 PM   #20
Rookie

This is not meant to be negative, but one does have to grow tired of purchasing sports games, and not being able to truly play them until a month or two after release. Some people, believe it or not, don't want to play with the OSFM roster. So for them, they waited for this update, hoping they could start a franchise today or whatever day this roster say released, only to now have to wait another week. When people say "don't disrespect the developer" or "you gotta give them credit for being on these boards more than any other title" means nothing to me. What bugs me most is that allegedly, as per another post, Ramone said something to the effect of "we are aware of the bug/issue with the roster, and it will be fixed next week". Great, another week of waiting. Everyone can say what they want. I understand they work hard on the game, and they are passionate about the game they make, and generally, they release a solid product. However, what happened today with the release of the roster is nothing less than unacceptable
Old 04-13-2016, 06:06 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycyankeefan52
You don't know if I will or not. so....
It would be a bad decision. They are more than likely going to fix any issues and you're going to get a fraction of what you paid if you bought new. Only GameStop or whoever wins in this scenario and scea will feel none of your displeasure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2016, 06:06 PM   #22
Rookie

Goose158's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfan81
This is not meant to be negative, but one does have to grow tired of purchasing sports games, and not being able to truly play them until a month or two after release. Some people, believe it or not, don't want to play with the OSFM roster. So for them, they waited for this update, hoping they could start a franchise today or whatever day this roster say released, only to now have to wait another week. When people say "don't disrespect the developer" or "you gotta give them credit for being on these boards more than any other title" means nothing to me. What bugs me most is that allegedly, as per another post, Ramone said something to the effect of "we are aware of the bug/issue with the roster, and it will be fixed next week". Great, another week of waiting. Everyone can say what they want. I understand they work hard on the game, and they are passionate about the game they make, and generally, they release a solid product. However, what happened today with the release of the roster is nothing less than unacceptable

I will have to agree with you here. While the game play is great SCEA roster updates historically are bad quality. They just slap a name on a random face for the most part or they pick one from the vault. When compared with other sports titles they leave alot to be desired. Even Madden puts out player likeness updates. The lack of editibality on SCEA players is also baffling considering you could just change appearances yourself if you wanted to. I have to say that this is one of my biggest gripes with the show along with the fact that they remove players from the game with MLB service time and then when they put them back in they are generic . It does seem that the roster updates are not given the attention that they deserve.

Last edited by Goose158; 04-13-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:11 PM   #23
Rookie

Bad stats for not just rookies but added veterans along with regular players who were already in the game. Also players with skin tone's that are wrong, and some with awful player faces that do not look like the real player.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:03 PM   #24
Rookie

My problem with these roster issues is this...

Gameplay issues? Extremely complicated problem that involves working with code that I can't even begin to imagine.

Online issues? Unfortunately still common with many major video game releases, and again is probably so complicated to fix that I can't get too angry.

Roster isssues? Hire me for 2 hours and I could fix it all myself.

That's why it's unacceptable to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »