Home

MLB Live Roster Update 4/13 has bad stats for rookies

This is a discussion on MLB Live Roster Update 4/13 has bad stats for rookies within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2016, 10:26 PM   #25
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB Live Roster Update 4/13 has bad stats for rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfan81
This is not meant to be negative, but one does have to grow tired of purchasing sports games, and not being able to truly play them until a month or two after release. Some people, believe it or not, don't want to play with the OSFM roster. So for them, they waited for this update, hoping they could start a franchise today or whatever day this roster say released, only to now have to wait another week. When people say "don't disrespect the developer" or "you gotta give them credit for being on these boards more than any other title" means nothing to me. What bugs me most is that allegedly, as per another post, Ramone said something to the effect of "we are aware of the bug/issue with the roster, and it will be fixed next week". Great, another week of waiting. Everyone can say what they want. I understand they work hard on the game, and they are passionate about the game they make, and generally, they release a solid product. However, what happened today with the release of the roster is nothing less than unacceptable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose158
I will have to agree with you here. While the game play is great SCEA roster updates historically are bad quality. They just slap a name on a random face for the most part or they pick one from the vault. When compared with other sports titles they leave alot to be desired. Even Madden puts out player likeness updates. The lack of editibality on SCEA players is also baffling considering you could just change appearances yourself if you wanted to. I have to say that this is one of my biggest gripes with the show along with the fact that they remove players from the game with MLB service time and then when they put them back in they are generic . It does seem that the roster updates are not given the attention that they deserve.

This is how to get your criticisms across in a measured and respectful way. I agree 100% with these comments. SCEA being receptive and interactive (and generally "nice") with the community shouldn't give them a free pass to pass off inferior quality updates on paying customers. My suspicion is that SCEA severely underallocates devs/interns to all things rosters.

Moreover, if they find a pretty major issue within a couple hours of deployment (the Alaska thing and who knows how the stats got messed up when they weren't in the default roster), they should re-issue the update with the fix right away. Or if they are going to give lower effort updates, then give them more often so as to phase in fixes in a reasonable amount of time. We're already over 2 weeks after launch and most would say there still isn't a franchise-quality roster to use and there isn't much confidence that next week's update will bring fixes to these ongoing issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2016, 10:31 PM   #26
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Don't interpret things out of context. Read the posts as stated. No one gives them a free pass. Simply astonished by the disrespect some of these board members (not the ones as WTNY pointed out as being constructive) show towards developers who have admitted their mistakes and are trying to fix them. Not one time did I or anyone else say they should be given a free pass. If we know one thing about SCEA, they listen to our feedback and will fix the issues as time allows. No need to go bashing them or calling th game "trash" because of something that isn't right.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 04-13-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:36 PM   #27
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Don't interpret things the the way you want. Read the posts as stated. No one gives them a free pass. Simply astonished by the disrespect some of these board members show towards developers who have admitted their mistakes and are trying to fix them. Not one time did I or anyone else say they should be given a free pass.
Shall I interpret them the way you want me to, then?

Nowhere was I referring to any of your posts specifically, so I'm not really sure where this indignation is coming from. Without getting personal, I can say that there is a group of SCEA enthusiasts that will disagree with anything negative (even if constructive) said about SCEA or the Show. While I agree with this "faction" a lot, I also think that deserved criticism (like bad updates, glitches, errors) is perfectly ok. Without it SCEA probably wouldn't even know anything was wrong.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 04-13-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #28
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

We won't use any of the rookies with the glitches stats, most of our creations are more than spot on... Some of the ratings will however be carried into our "glitch free" rookies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #29
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Shall I interpret them they way you want me to, then?

Nowhere was I referring to any of your posts specifically, so I'm not really sure where this indignation is coming from. Without getting personal, I can say that there is a group of SCEA enthusiasts that will disagree with anything negative (even if constructive) said about SCEA or the Show. While I agree with this "faction" a lot, I also think that deserved criticism (like bad updates, glitches, errors) is perfectly ok. Without it SCEA probably wouldn't even know anything was wrong.
Edited before you replied.. Simply mean you or whoever else misunderstood my intention with the original post. I agree with all points there being errors, but blantaly saying game is trash, gonna trade it in, etc isn't helpful at all.

I fully agree With you and hope they fix this and can provide much better quality.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:50 PM   #30
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Edited before you replied.. Simply mean you or whoever else misunderstood my intention with the original post. I agree with all points there being errors, but blantaly saying game is trash, gonna trade it in, etc isn't helpful at all.

I fully agree With you and hope they fix this and can provide much better quality.
OK, cool. Nice to avoid a potential miscommunication, lol. Especially with OSFM coming soon and people freaking out a little as it is.

I actually picked out those posts above as a way of highlighting how to go about constructive criticism or at least how to stay within the bounds of decency when making critiques. I think SCEA could have rolled out these updates a bit better (having no knowledge of what's going on there/who's on vacation etc..), but, like you, I also get tired of seeing the broken/unplayable/trade in posts and the soap operatic/histrionic language that goes along with it.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:32 AM   #31
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yeah the OSFM aren't using this roster update so it will have no effect on them
Do you happen to know which roster there using countryboy ? haven't been able to find out.

The only roster i can find that doesn't have the career stats messed up is the default one, the other one i downloaded is messed up. Maybe i missed a roster update. Have been worried that OSFM might have messed up career stats,glad to hear it won't.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 12:41 AM   #32
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
Do you happen to know which roster there using countryboy ? haven't been able to find out.

The only roster i can find that doesn't have the career stats messed up is the default one, the other one i downloaded is messed up. Maybe i missed a roster update. Have been worried that OSFM might have messed up career stats,glad to hear it won't.

Thanks.
They're using the original roster that came with the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »