Home

New Morale System Ruining Prospect Call-ups

This is a discussion on New Morale System Ruining Prospect Call-ups within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8
New Morale System Ruining Prospect Call-ups

Morale is an enjoyable new feature with the exception of bringing up prospects. One would logical assume a prospect would be absolutely thrilled, and it would be the greatest moment of their life being called up to the show. But due to the morale system, they are immediately upset about their salary and lose 4 OVR. This needs to be addressed, otherwise i'm thoroughly enjoying the new morale system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New Morale System Ruining Prospect Call-ups

This would be a pretty big oversight, imo. You'd have to think they would have thought about this/caught it doing quality control...right?
Old 04-15-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
This would be a pretty big oversight, imo. You'd have to think they would have thought about this/caught it doing quality control...right?
Lol have you seen this launch? Gameplay wise this game is the best it's been but the nagging bugs and oversights are quite numerous.

Last edited by Steven78; 04-15-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:58 PM   #4
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Lol have you seen this launch?
That's what I'm starting to realize. Between ongoing server issues/online play being a mess, no decent roster updates still, and (apparently) not fully fleshed-out new features, unfortunate visuals (colors, skin tones, and really hard to read fonts and meters) this launch is a bit unbecoming of SCEA/SDS. I think we've been spoiled by how on top of things this dev studio has been in the past, but this year's roll-out has been pretty rocky, and frankly a bit sloppy so far.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

If its any consolation, it seems the next season for those prospect callups is a lot more realistic with their expectations and morale because of that.

So, it would seem the issue is in the year they are called up. And then the following year if they stick doesnt seem to have as much of an unrealistic expectation. Especially if you change their role when re-signing them in the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

If its any consolation, it seems the next season for those prospect callups is a lot more realistic with their expectations and morale because of that.

So, it would seem the issue is in the year they are called up. And then the following year if they stick doesnt seem to have as much of an unrealistic expectation. Especially if you change their role when re-signing them in the offseason.

I just simmd the rest of the season and that following season most of my prospects that had bad morale because of "Star" expectation or contract are now in better spirits.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #7
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmascarello

I find no consolation in the fact that if I sim an entire season and the player starts in the majors with the proper salary that should have been awarded to them mid-season when they were called up to begin with, they are no longer angry.

I'm not simming Orlando Arcia's entire rookie year because he has lost 4 OVR due to an oversight with the morale feature in my Brewer's franchise. I dont want to seem too harsh about this, because it is far from a game-breaker and i'm sure it will get patched at some point. I'm just bringing to attention now in hopes SCEA sees this and it gets taken care of by the time OSFM drops.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #8
Banned

Steven78's Arena

You should file a bug report if you haven't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »