Home

Operation Sports Twitch Stream - MLB The Show 16 OSFM Release - 4/17 5 PM ET

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Twitch Stream - MLB The Show 16 OSFM Release - 4/17 5 PM ET within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Operation Sports Twitch Stream - MLB The Show 16 OSFM Release - 4/17 5 PM ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
It's absolutely nothing against you, Knight. I just think it's a bit much that your work is turning in to a spectacle. But hey, what do I know. I have links in my sig, so apparently I'm doing the same thing.
I get where you are coming from and agree with it. I'm not upset at a Q&A or pre-release Twitch stream, I just find it a bit weird and feel like it is putting the rosters up on a pedestal. I love the OSFM, I wait on them to be finished before I start a franchise, but I just don't see why there is a need to do anything more than provide a progress report on them and then release them when they're finished. Hosting Q&A's and streams for a roster set is just too silly in my opinion.

If people are excited about the stream and want to watch it, then more power to them. I see absolutely zero point in watching a stream for a roster set, but that's just my opinion and neither side is wrong.

― Plato
Old 04-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #34
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Operation Sports Twitch Stream - MLB The Show 16 OSFM Release - 4/17 5 PM ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I was just making an observation. Not sure why OS changed this year to make this roster release such a big deal. It's surprising to me, that's all.
Because this is the most work the osfm team has ever put into this roster.

OS members aren't the only people waiting for these to be released. It is kind of a big deal in the mlb the show world.

It's like being confused as to why movie studios or video game companies market their products.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Don't think the OSFM rosters are a big deal, watch what would happen if the roster makers decided to no longer make them.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

I wouldn't buy the game if it wasn't for OSFM, go ahead and light some fireworks, have midget wrestling, a circus like atmosphere for all I care, I'm on board with whatever they do or however they do it...In the end it's just all in good fun.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:34 PM   #37
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Because this is the most work the osfm team has ever put into this roster.

OS members aren't the only people waiting for these to be released. It is kind of a big deal in the mlb the show world.

It's like being confused as to why movie studios or video game companies market their products.

Movie studios and game companies are trying to make profits. Not really an accurate comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Don't think the OSFM rosters are a big deal, watch what would happen if the roster makers decided to no longer make them.
Yet, this kind of ceremony has never occurred before? Again, I just noted the change because I find it a bit odd. OS can obviously do what they want, and people seem to love it so they made a good call.

Watch me play video games
Old 04-17-2016, 01:37 PM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Movie studios and game companies are trying to make profits. Not really an accurate comparison.

Yet, this kind of ceremony has never occurred before? Again, I just noted the change because I find it a bit odd. OS can obviously do what they want, and people seem to love it so they made a good call.
isn't it nice that what is being marketed isn't out to get your hard earned dollar but rather celebrating hard work for those who created it free of charge.

No this type of ceremony hasn't occurred before but I don't believe that OSFM has been as popular as it is today. The rosters get more and more popular with each passing year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #39
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
isn't it nice that what is being marketed isn't out to get your hard earned dollar but rather celebrating hard work for those who created it free of charge.
That's great. Again, my only curiosity is why the change? OSFM has always been hard work for those that assist in its creation. I'm grateful for the rosters just as everyone else is. I just don't understand the red carpet for it. But I'm in the minority. Y'all enjoy the stream and I'm sure everyone will have a blast with their franchises starting tonight.

Watch me play video games
Old 04-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #40
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.

How is it not accurate? This has nothing to so with profit. These guys are proud of their work and would love for it to reach as many people as possible.

OS is finally showing them the support they need to get all their hard work out to people who might not know these rosters or website exists.

It feels like some people are just upset because the osfm rosters and mlb the show as a whole aren't apart of some tight, exclusive os niche anymore

This will be the last I say on the subject.. enjoy the rosters everyone! I'm gonna go enjoy some MiLB baseball on this beautiful day

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »