Home

Luxury Tax Threshold OSFM rosters

This is a discussion on Luxury Tax Threshold OSFM rosters within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2016, 12:55 AM   #1
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

OVR: 0
Luxury Tax Threshold OSFM rosters

If we edit any contracts which reflect their real life counterparts, can we confirm this will have drastic impact on the new threshold in franchise? I think the threshold is much lower than the current real life threshold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Luxury Tax Threshold OSFM rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjsav
If we edit any contracts which reflect their real life counterparts, can we confirm this will have drastic impact on the new threshold in franchise? I think the threshold is much lower than the current real life threshold.

My advice is don't mess with contracts.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:52 AM   #3
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

If you only want to play one year, go for it. If you plan on doing multiple years, it'll cause trouble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #4
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

What about real contracts for season mode, NOT using OSFM rosters?
I only plan on playing 5 or 6 seasons, will having real contracts negatively effect the game in season mode as much as it would a full fledged OSFM franchise with real contracts?
I've already done the Orioles & I didn't want to waste time if it's going to break even something as simple as season mode. For the O's 40man I come up with a $156.65 million, if that helps.
Their default roster 40man was $100.15 million. So I've already added another $56.5 mill.
Any & all opinions & info appreciated.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #5
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I only plan on playing 5 or 6 seasons, will having real contracts negatively effect the game in season mode as much as it would a full fledged OSFM franchise with real contracts?
I've already done the Orioles & I didn't want to waste time if it's going to break even something as simple as season mode. For the O's 40man I come up with a $156.65 million, if that helps.
Their default roster 40man was $100.15 million. So I've already added another $56.5 mill.
For season mode the only negative with real contacts is trading. All teams start with roughly 10 million in free space.

A player making 8 million on default rosters that makes 15, like a Mike leake, in osfm is not trade able for prospects alone.

Most trades are prospect trades or mlb players for mlb players.

So in the few Sims I did you won't see the "playoff push" trades for vets in year one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #6
Rookie

From my experience, yes it does. I edited contracts to make them very similar to real life, and in year one of my franchise I believe the threshold is in the $190 million's (very close to the 189 mark in real life). I'm pretty sure it's in the 130's or 140's with the default contacts, so it significantly jumped.

Also, I've noticed (or I think I've noticed) that free agent contracts seem I be more realistic when I simmed ahead.

Last edited by MCville27; 04-18-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:02 PM   #7
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCville27
From my experience, yes it does. I edited contracts to make them very similar to real life, and in year one of my franchise I believe the threshold is in the $190 million's (very close to the 189 mark in real life). I'm pretty sure it's in the 130's or 140's with the default contacts, so it significantly jumped.

Also, I've noticed (or I think I've noticed) that free agent contracts seem I be more realistic when I simmed ahead.
Are you saying there is a positive correlation between contract size and luxury tax threshold? For instance, with default rosters, smaller threshold = small contracts; edited contracts = bigger contracts?

My experience has been a $203mm for OSFM rosters. Start editing those contracts and you're looking at an amount significantly more.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:04 PM   #8
Pro

what is the luxury tax threshold for franchise mode? i havent touched it yet cuz im editting contracts now

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »