Home

"Delete Music" Option Causes Game to Crash

This is a discussion on "Delete Music" Option Causes Game to Crash within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
"Delete Music" Option Causes Game to Crash

Anyone else getting this?

Went to replace some of the old Starter pack sounds with the updated ones, and everytime I click the "Delete Music" option the game crashes with a CE Error.

Tried about 6 times and each time with the same crash and error.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: "Delete Music" Option Causes Game to Crash

I've deleted quite a few but haven't had that issue...yet. Will refere back to this post if I do

wlj
Old 04-19-2016, 09:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Yes, I've had this same issue everytime I try to delete. I've given up on it for the time being.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2016, 09:05 PM   #4
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Yeah had the same issue,was hoping the last patch would fix it but no luck. I deleted the game and re downloaded it to fix the problem.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:14 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

No problems for me doing it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 10:23 PM   #6
MVP

Syce's Arena

i havent had a crash deleting music yet, though i have deleted music through SOTS in franchise mode(maybe that might help?)
Old 04-20-2016, 05:09 AM   #7
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

I've had this issue then deleted everything and redownloaded and installed the game.

The cause of this problem is either you have music files in there that is not .mp3, or one of your files that was uploaded is corrupted, or that some of the files contains meta data that causes the game to crash.

My advice is to delete, reinstall (redownload if digital) and before uploading any music do the following:

1) Open them in mp3 Diags (free software) and make sure none of the files give red notes (in other words indication that they are corrupted). Ignore the other notes, only the red ones are necessary to check from my experience.

2) After getting rid of any files or errors on your files, open them all up in mp3 Tag (free software). Remove all tag, make them all blank except for the minimum. I basically only have Title and Album. You can add Artist if you really want, but make sure track number (known to cause issues) is definitely blank. For safety as mentioned I blanked as much as possible.

I've did this for 5 teams now and had no problems uploading about 80 files and when selecting delete it lists them all without issues.

HOWEVER, I did run into another issue. All the files I've edited in Audacity (free software) although they play, I can't place markers on them and just acts weird. I noticed that all the files that did this didn't have normalization information. To fix this do the following:

3) Download mp3 gain (free software) and add all your files, normalize (track gain) them all to 98db (ideal for this game) and chants to 99db (personal preference). This adds normalization information and fixed it for me.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:42 AM   #8
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
I've had this issue then deleted everything and redownloaded and installed the game.

The cause of this problem is either you have music files in there that is not .mp3, or one of your files that was uploaded is corrupted, or that some of the files contains meta data that causes the game to crash.

My advice is to delete, reinstall (redownload if digital) and before uploading any music do the following:

1) Open them in mp3 Diags (free software) and make sure none of the files give red notes (in other words indication that they are corrupted). Ignore the other notes, only the red ones are necessary to check from my experience.

2) After getting rid of any files or errors on your files, open them all up in mp3 Tag (free software). Remove all tag, make them all blank except for the minimum. I basically only have Title and Album. You can add Artist if you really want, but make sure track number (known to cause issues) is definitely blank. For safety as mentioned I blanked as much as possible.

I've did this for 5 teams now and had no problems uploading about 80 files and when selecting delete it lists them all without issues.

HOWEVER, I did run into another issue. All the files I've edited in Audacity (free software) although they play, I can't place markers on them and just acts weird. I noticed that all the files that did this didn't have normalization information. To fix this do the following:

3) Download mp3 gain (free software) and add all your files, normalize (track gain) them all to 98db (ideal for this game) and chants to 99db (personal preference). This adds normalization information and fixed it for me.
I will try, R9nald9. Thanks for the advice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »