Home

My only gripe. Too many plays made by the catcher. What's yours?

This is a discussion on My only gripe. Too many plays made by the catcher. What's yours? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: My only gripe. Too many plays made by the catcher. What's yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Every other foul ball seems to be a pop up right to the catcher, or a looping, high pop up that always stays in the field of play and up long enough for the ai to get the out.
That's the way fouls are a lot of times in this game in general. It's not just your fouls - when I get the CPU to pop up foul, it's the same behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Catchers react too quickly in this game. It seems no matter the ratings, they can all fly out of their stance to catch a pop up or fire the ball to first o a dropped third strike or swinging bunt in front of the plate. Are they man or machine?
Sometimes they do this and then sometimes they just stand and stare at the ball before realizing it's 4 feet in front of them and they go get it. I don't know what dictates which happens.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

When Im facing a tough pitcher and I manage to get good timing and good contact...only to ground out or pop up or even miss the ball....
Old 04-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #51
MVP

Not enough offense, stolen bases too difficult to accomplish in manage mode.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:45 PM   #52
Rookie

AceAmy's Arena

One gripe people havent really mentioned is when Matt Vasgersian gives away whats going to happen.

Especially on fly balls that are close to the wall and may or may not go out and then the whole he blows through the stop sign line, that means the guys out before it happens.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:29 PM   #53
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Base runner speed difference between CPU and human. Prince Fielder (CPU) hit a line drive off the wall in right center and walked into 2nd with a double. Robinson Cano (Human) hit almost the same spot but the ball rolled to the wall and was thrown out at 2nd by 3 feet.

Prince Fielder speed - 29
Robinson Cano speed - 44
Old 04-22-2016, 12:03 AM   #54
Rookie

would love to see catchers tagging out batters that strike out on pitch in the dirt. unless it actually gets away from the catcher. Agon is a stud at all his variety of tosses to pitchers covering 1st but in the game he has super human speed and just runs to the bag himself which he rarely does in real life. these would be fixed in a patch i would be even happier than i am.
now if i can only concoct a slider formula for MOM QC's! any body have any QC MOM sliders they would like to share would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-22-2016, 12:29 AM   #55
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Double pat throws from the outfielders are infuriating and have cost me two throw outs at home, costing me two conquest games. This doesn't count throw outs at other bases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2016, 07:32 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPCaveman13
5)Moving fielding camera...I've been trying to find a fielding camera that won't change it's view mid-attempt. I've missed a few catches because I start tracking the ball off the bat and moving the controller in the direction of the hit only for the camera to switch and send me 2-3 steps in the opposite direction.

Oh my God, THIS! I'm a 1B and sometimes I actually have to dive after the ball when it's only like 10 feet away. However, I'm starting to get a hang of when to turn around with the left stick but I can't even imagine what it's like for an OF.

Another gripe I have is the constant "pickoffs" when I'm batting and there's a player on first with two outs (this is in RTTS). I mean sure, Altuve is the baserunner but that does not warrant pickoffs that lasts for over FIVE minutes! One time I just gave up and simulated the at-bat. Struck out of course even though I was in a good hitter's count 2-0 because they pitched out TWICE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »