Home

How PS4 NEO is going to change MLB 17...

This is a discussion on How PS4 NEO is going to change MLB 17... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 09:11 PM   #1
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0
How PS4 NEO is going to change MLB 17...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...k-neo-revealed

A lot of insecure gamers are out of their minds because they cannot have the most "powerful" console for 7 or 8 years now, without spending more on the incremental upgrade. I say get a job to these dweebs or ignore it.

We all know 16 has FPS problems, and a lot of people realize the PS4 is really not all that powerful when it comes to raw power, despite the exclusive nature of the console to its programmers.

Well now we can rejoice, at least some of us. The new GPU is possibly based on AMD Polaris, and it is a very solid upgrade from what is in the PS4.

The CPU while mostly the same will finally allow the devs some breathing room, or in reality, just room enough to live. A .5GHz upgrade to each core is in actuality pretty substantial when you keep in mind it has only been three years and Sony needs to keep both consoles compatible and easy going for devs to make both versions.

RAM also sees a small upgrade in bandwidth, which should help in some intensive situations. Altogether you can finally say HELLO to The Show in solid 60FPS along with, at least I hope, better shadows and AA.

The Show is running okay right now. Struggling to maintain 60FPS. PS4 NEO is basically the perfect system for a game like this. It has just enough power to get MLB to 60FPS solid and then some, at least in theory. The slightly buffed CPU should take care of the crowds and grass, along with the extra compute units in the GPU. Clocks are all bumped as well.

For real gamers this is exactly what we wanted from Sony. No more of this wait 7 or 8 years for upgrades that we put in our PC 5 years ago. This to me is a great plan. All games will be compatible with both systems.

What do you think? Excited? Broke?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How PS4 NEO is going to change MLB 17...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome

A lot of insecure gamers are out of their minds because they cannot have the most "powerful" console for 7 or 8 years now, without spending more on the incremental upgrade. I say get a job to these dweebs or ignore it.

We all know 16 has FPS problems, and a lot of people realize the PS4 is really not all that powerful when it comes to raw power, despite the exclusive nature of the console to its programmers.

Well now we can rejoice, at least some of us. The new GPU is possibly based on AMD Polaris, and it is a very solid upgrade from what is in the PS4.

The CPU while mostly the same will finally allow the devs some breathing room, or in reality, just room enough to live. A .5GHz upgrade to each core is in actuality pretty substantial when you keep in mind it has only been three years and Sony needs to keep both consoles compatible and easy going for devs to make both versions.

RAM also sees a small upgrade in bandwidth, which should help in some intensive situations. Altogether you can finally say HELLO to The Show in solid 60FPS along with, at least I hope, better shadows and AA.

The Show is running okay right now. Struggling to maintain 60FPS. PS4 NEO is basically the perfect system for a game like this. It has just enough power to get MLB to 60FPS solid and then some, at least in theory. The slightly buffed CPU should take care of the crowds and grass, along with the extra compute units in the GPU. Clocks are all bumped as well.

For real gamers this is exactly what we wanted from Sony. No more of this wait 7 or 8 years for upgrades that we put in our PC 5 years ago. This to me is a great plan. All games will be compatible with both systems.

Even though its pretty much a given it will happen its still all rumors. But I wont be buying. And i wont be buying a PS5 or whatever the next all new console is called. They should have made the console strong enough from the beginning. I have a PC id rather drop the 400+ on every 3 years.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
All Star

Quote:

I have never had any FPS issue with the show out side of cutscenes and it has been at 60 FPS for like 9 years yet ever year there are some people that say they game runs bad ever year. About this new system and the show going forward all I really see is maybe cutscenes running more like the games its self and maybe slightly better graphics. If sony really is doing this I think it is a mistake because this is more like what PC do and I think you are going to piss off a lot of people who already have a ps4. If sony does this I can tell you I am not going to buy a ps5 day 1 and will just want to see if sony does a ps5.5 or something because why spend say 400 for a system day 1 when just a few years latter they are going to come out with a system that cost the same and is a little more power full. I think this whole thing is to much like a PC and sony should just want and do ps5 in 2-3 years so that way ps4 has a normal console life of 5-6 years.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Even though its pretty much a given it will happen its still all rumors. But I wont be buying. And i wont be buying a PS5 or whatever the next all new console is called. They should have made the console strong enough from the beginning. I have a PC id rather drop the 400+ on every 3 years.
Well there is a changing atmosphere. Sony made a little mistake last gen with the PS3 and the system ended up having to go 7 or 8 years because it went with tech that was very new and untested.

You don't have to upgrade. It's not mandatory and should not affect your enjoyment, just like not having two Titan X's doesn't affect your enjoyment of PC gaming. I upgrade GPU in PC every 1-2 years.

First adopters should know what they are getting into: technology. Asking them to make this a better console three years ago is asking them to stuff all kinds of crap into a small box and sell it for an inflated price that no one will buy into.

Doing it this way they take advantage of all the new tech out and they can keep costs down as well. It's not like the PS4 suddenly becomes less powerful.

This is also not rumor. This is confirmed. No you can't buy it yet, yes this is happening.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #5
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I have never had any FPS issue with the show out side of cutscenes and it has been at 60 FPS for like 9 years yet ever year there are some people that say they game runs bad ever year. About this new system and the show going forward all I really see is maybe cutscenes running more like the games its self and maybe slightly better graphics. If sony really is doing this I think it is a mistake because this is more like what PC do and I think you are going to piss off a lot of people who already have a ps4. If sony does this I can tell you I am not going to buy a ps5 day 1 and will just want to see if sony does a ps5.5 or something because why spend say 400 for a system day 1 when just a few years latter they are going to come out with a system that cost the same and is a little more power full. I think this whole thing is to much like a PC and sony should just want and do ps5 in 2-3 years so that way ps4 has a normal console life of 5-6 years.
Waiting years for a console is pointless to many. I have many games on my PS4 and I only buy mainly exclusives. The PS4 was cheap to begin with at 400. Tech is advancing at a fast rate and right now is the perfect time to take advantage of the new silicon at 14 and 16nm.

People act like the PS4 somehow keeps all its value over time. No, it never has and never will. A slim will soon be introduced. Why didn't you wait for that? It will be 300. You wasted 100 then by not waiting.

It's all just useless conjecture. This move doesn't change anything or anyone's choice but for possibly waiting 3 years to maybe get a better console. I mean you can wait until your teeth fall out. It doesn't change the fact I have had a lot of fun on my PS4 and can sell it back for 200 or so easily right now.

A normal console life of 5-6 years? Who says this is normal? Because it has barely ever happened that way. The PS3 stayed for 7 years and overstayed its welcome massively. The tech is not going to be there for a PS5 in only two more years. Not even 3 really would do it justice. A PS5 needs to be cutting edge, and that won't happen from Nvidia or AMD for 4-5 more years or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Well there is a changing atmosphere. Sony made a little mistake last gen with the PS3 and the system ended up having to go 7 or 8 years because it went with tech that was very new and untested.

You don't have to upgrade. It's not mandatory and should not affect your enjoyment, just like not having two Titan X's doesn't affect your enjoyment of PC gaming. I upgrade GPU in PC every 1-2 years.

First adopters should know what they are getting into: technology. Asking them to make this a better console three years ago is asking them to stuff all kinds of crap into a small box and sell it for an inflated price that no one will buy into.

Doing it this way they take advantage of all the new tech out and they can keep costs down as well. It's not like the PS4 suddenly becomes less powerful.

This is also not rumor. This is confirmed. No you can't buy it yet, yes this is happening.
Its just all my opinion. IMO Every 3 years for a console is to much. So i wont be buying the new PS4 and i wont be buying the PS5 cause the same thing could en up happening. Im playing the PC more now days anyway.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's being discussed here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ssion-714.html

The discussion can stay there for now as it doesn't yet pertain to the Show.
Use the linked the thread to discuss the NEO.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:

How do we know this is not a rumor? To me its just a rumor because I don't think Sony is going to do it would piss off people that already have a ps4 and I have yet to see any thing that says it is going to happened 100%. Sony hasn't said it is going to happened yet. So how is it not a rumor?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »