Home

How to turn off instant trades?

This is a discussion on How to turn off instant trades? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2016, 05:29 PM   #9
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How to turn off instant trades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
What you could do, is save the franchise BEFORE you advance a day. After you advance, check the transactions, and see what trades were made. If there were any stupid, dumb, or trades you wouldn't allow, then RELOAD your franchise, and turn trades to MANUAL for the profile(s) you use for the CPU teams. Then advance the day. There should be no trades. Then turn trading for those profiles back to AUTO.
That's what I do, but a lot of people here don't want to take the time to do that.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:31 PM   #10
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
How to turn off instant trades?

The problem for me would be I play one game, sim five. So it would be very cumbersome to have to sim, save, advance, repeat for all five games between the ones I play. I liked how it was before because I could just check the trade proposals every couple days and delete any I didn't like.

Not a big deal but just defeats the purpose of a 30 team franchise for me (I don't edit the other teams lineups or rotations)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheBigTee; 04-20-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:35 PM   #11
MC2
Rookie

OVR: 0

How do you reverse a trade now without this option? The Tigers just traded VMart to the Mets for Juan Lagares in my Franchise and I can't undo it because I would need to add another B potential player in the trade to get the other team to accept it. I also cant just accept the trade anyways because theres no more pending trades!!!

How do I fix this without ruining my franchise's roster integrity?

Ridiculous that this is an issue SCEA, very preventable fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #12
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2
How do you reverse a trade now without this option? The Tigers just traded VMart to the Mets for Juan Lagares in my Franchise and I can't undo it because I would need to add another B potential player in the trade to get the other team to accept it. I also cant just accept the trade anyways because theres no more pending trades!!!

How do I fix this without ruining my franchise's roster integrity?

Ridiculous that this is an issue SCEA, very preventable fix.
30-team control would let you make the trade go through
Old 04-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #13
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
You can't really veto. Most people just trade the players involved back to their original teams.
I haven't started my franchise yet but last year, when I had 30-team control, I would look thru the trade proposals every day and withdraw offers I didn't think were feasable. I don't recall there being instant trades as there was always a proposal first when it was CPU initiated?

...granted, I never got to the trade deadline in my franchise so maybe my data is skewed.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:41 PM   #14
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I haven't started my franchise yet but last year, when I had 30-team control, I would look thru the trade proposals every day and withdraw offers I didn't think were feasable. I don't recall there being instant trades as there was always a proposal first when it was CPU initiated?

...granted, I never got to the trade deadline in my franchise so maybe my data is skewed.
From what I've gathered this year there is no trade proposal screen anymore. Instant trade are automatically turned on. Guys gget traded without you knowingg before it happens. This was removed in 16 for some odd reason.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #15
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
From what I've gathered this year there is no trade proposal screen anymore. Instant trade are automatically turned on. Guys gget traded without you knowingg before it happens. This was removed in 16 for some odd reason.
Ohhhhh....

That's disappointing.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 08:47 PM   #16
MC2
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
30-team control would let you make the trade go through
I am using 30 team control with my team on manual and the CPU's on automatic. But thanks for the help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »