Home

My Cry for Help: Please Simplify Season Mode

This is a discussion on My Cry for Help: Please Simplify Season Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
My Cry for Help: Please Simplify Season Mode

I don’t expect a lot here, but what the heck.

I’m a bit of an eccentric player of MLB The Show. I have a lot of interest in the core gameplay, and very little interest in the management or teambuilding aspects of Franchise mode. In the past few editions, to satisfy my crave for realistic on-the-field baseball video gaming, I have tried each of the following…
• Set up Franchise mode with all forms of managing set to “Automatic” except the setting of lineups and rotations. Manually injure the appropriate players to begin the regular season with accurate rosters, lineups, and rotations for Opening Day. Play each game with Quick Counts on and Fast Play presentation. If a player is hurt, traded, sent down, placed on waivers, or otherwise… deal with it.

• Set up Season mode as above.

• Set up Season mode as above but with CPU Trading disabled.

• Set up Season mode as above but with CPU Trading disabled and with 30-team control, so the Free Agent pool is not used (remember: Season mode deals only with 40-man rosters and everyone else, including those players injured for the season I removed earlier, are placed into a Free Agent pool anyone can sign from.

• Play only The Show Live games for my chosen team, in chronological order.

• Set up Franchise or Season mode as above, and play each game with Player Lock enabled in sequential order in the lineup. (Example: leading off game 1/162, batting second in game 2, third in game 3, and so on; pitch as appropriate for NL teams, or pitch the game after batting 9th for AL teams.)
I’m never satisfied. There always seems to be something that pulls me out of my desire for a “I just want to play the games” season mode.

So here’s what I want out of Season mode, especially now that Franchise mode has been beefed up for The Show 16 and Season mode must either disappear or redefine itself. I prefer the latter.
• Season mode should be for one year, and only one year. At the end of the season, whether you’ve won the World Series or finished 72-90, display a “Thanks for playing” and return to the main menu.

• The only players available to Season mode should be the 1,200 players in the teams’ 40-man rosters.

• Season mode should not include Spring Training, the June draft, contract extensions, free agent signings, or manager hirings/firings.

• Provide the option to enable or disable CPU trading amongst the 40-man rosters, reliant upon the user’s sliders.

• Provide the option to enable or disable injuries, reliant upon the user’s sliders.

• Provide the option to start Season mode with a current Live Roster, a user’s saved roster, or an official SCEA Opening Day roster.
Anyone with me?

(This post may be edited as I come up with other ideas, but I’m out of time for the moment. Just had to get that off my chest.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: My Cry for Help: Please Simplify Season Mode

What's the point of limiting it to a single season? If you want to be done after year 1, start over.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

I much prefer season mode to franchise.
• Season mode should be for one year, and only one year. At the end of the season, whether you’ve won the World Series or finished 72-90, display a “Thanks for playing” and return to the main menu.
iI don't find this needed in the least. I could always have my wife or neighbor tell me this if I ever did, though

• The only players available to Season mode should be the 1,200 players in the teams’ 40-man rosters.
This is already very doable, I've imported zero overall, 45 year old, zero potential players with no name over anyone I don't want other teams to sign.

• Season mode should not include Spring Training, the June draft, contract extensions, free agent signings, or manager hirings/firings.
I can skip each of these things in 2 seconds flat.

• Provide the option to enable or disable CPU trading amongst the 40-man rosters, reliant upon the user’s sliders.Again, already done.

• Provide the option to enable or disable injuries, reliant upon the user’s sliders.
Done

• Provide the option to start Season mode with a current Live Roster, a user’s saved roster, or an official SCEA Opening Day roster.

Done

Now season mode is far far from perfect, just things that I want are higher priority, for me.
No custom leagues? Crazy.
Can't rename mgrs, coaches, umps? This makes me pull my hair out.
Can't edit service time? Please, please add this SDS!
There are many, many more things I want so I can be fully immersed in a season, but I won't rant anymore, for now
#44Syracuse
Old 04-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #4
Rookie

AceAmy's Arena

strongly disagree with this, sorry but as someone who could care less about setting up minor league line ups/rotations, 40 man rosters etc... season mode is great for building a team/franchise in a streamlined way.
I love that its continuous and not one season.
Hardly anyone has the time to do 162 game season, thank god season has other options. its a nice fast way to do transactions and build year to year with a 29 game season (although maybe 40 would be better)

One thing I'd love to see is shortened seasons have stats multiplied by the amount of games left to reflect what the amount of stats would be over a 162 game season OR have records START from the first short season you do, so if Stanton hits say 14 bombs in 2016 season of a 29 game season he is now the all time homerun king, (with milestone presentations included starting in season 2)
Old 04-20-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm with you. I want to play the same season as my team, using the same players. And if I can set it up to plY one game every series, even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »