Home

Fist Pump Moments

This is a discussion on Fist Pump Moments within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 12:38 PM   #33
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Fist Pump Moments

I had fist pump moments three games in a row with walkoff homeruns in all three of those games.

Game 2 vs Nats...game is tied 5-5 going into the bottom of the 11th. With one out and Molina on after a walk, Kolten Wong dispatches a 1-1 hanging curve into the Cardinals bullpen for the 7-5 walkoff win!

Game 3 vs the Nats...game is tied 2-2 going into the bottom of the 11th when Tommy Pham takes an 0-2 hanging slider and smashes it into the Nats bullpen for the 3-2 walkoff win!

Game 1 vs the Phillies...Phillies are ahead 5-4 going into the bottom of the 9th. With 2 outs and Holliday on, Perralta drills a first pitch fastball over the center field wall for a 6-5 walkfoff win!

I have never had 3 more exciting outcomes in a row ever in the Show. Man I love this game

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #34
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

best moment fist pumping so far was snapping a 2 game scoreless streak that resulted in ending my 6 game losing streak.

last game against the nationals Arroyo on the mound, my first two batters (wong, hazelbaker) get on with singles, holliday walks on after a 7 pitch full count, followed by a first pitch grand slam by Grichuk.

yet alone being my first grand slam of the year, I was just happy to finally score again!
Old 04-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't know if small balling your way to victory is worth of fist pumps, but I was pumped up after this:

Down 2-1 in my Marlins team. Got shut down by their rookie SP (fictional, I'm in 2021 there) who is looking like a phenom, and pitched like it that game.

Finally, they lift him for a PH in the 7th, but we don't get anything off the reliever.

In the 8th, it's the bottom of the order up. Cruz, my catcher with 70's speed/stealing works out a walk after an 8-pitch AB. He then steals second. Eric Young, Jr. was playing 2B to give time off. I have him influence down to try to keep him from hitting a fly ball - and he gets a mistake over the middle. He lines it back through the box for an RBI single to tie the game.

Young on 1st, steals second. I PH for the pitcher and he delivers a single, but it was hard hit and they fielded it quickly, so Young holds at 3rd with just one out.

Chris Taylor, struggling badly this year, strikes out. So now there's two outs.

Yelich comes up and slashes a line drive past the first baseman for the go ahead run.

Leone comes in to try to close. Gives up a single with one out and he steals second. Then he gives up another single to RF. They don't challenge Harper's arm (and good thing because he would have been very much out).

Leone then strikes out the next two batters to preserve the win.

This was against the Giants who were 72-39 (basically the same record I have) and the team with the ridiculous team ERA.

Tough stretch of schedule so wins like this are what we need to keep it going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 03:28 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Billy Butler was up to bat with runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 outs, and it was the bottom of the 10th I believe, maybe 11th. He had been one of my better hitters all year and even had a HR in the game, but I took him out and replaced him with Alonso because my gut told me to.

Alonso comes up and smokes a 3rd pitch fastball to the wall in left center that never got more than 10 feet off of the ground. The runner scored and ended the game before the ball even got back to the cut off man. It felt so good to know I made the right move.

I think that was my last win before losing 8 straight though....

― Plato
Old 04-26-2016, 04:34 AM   #37
Pro

No.27's Arena

Playing my 87 Yankees franchise Henry Cotto RHB (rated 67 vision 39) batting number 9 had been on a hot streak. Toyed with the idea of moving him up the order but kept him at number 9 so I didn't upset the balance of the order just before the game. I rode Henry's luck all day and the Yankees were having a great game. It was the 9th inning Henry was the 3rd man up and the announcer says he needs to homer for the cycle. I've been in this situation before with some GREAT hitters and have always come up short. This time I paused the game took a breath and decided not to press and wait for my pitch. Righty reliever up and the first, second and third pitches all came and went with me fighting for dear life not to swing. Fourth pitch was a slider up in the zone that I can still see coming 2 days later. I pulled it for a glorious, towering home run over the bullpens at Comerica. Cycle completed and my best moment in years and years of sports gaming.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:50 PM   #38
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
Playing my 87 Yankees franchise Henry Cotto RHB (rated 67 vision 39) batting number 9 had been on a hot streak. Toyed with the idea of moving him up the order but kept him at number 9 so I didn't upset the balance of the order just before the game. I rode Henry's luck all day and the Yankees were having a great game. It was the 9th inning Henry was the 3rd man up and the announcer says he needs to homer for the cycle. I've been in this situation before with some GREAT hitters and have always come up short. This time I paused the game took a breath and decided not to press and wait for my pitch. Righty reliever up and the first, second and third pitches all came and went with me fighting for dear life not to swing. Fourth pitch was a slider up in the zone that I can still see coming 2 days later. I pulled it for a glorious, towering home run over the bullpens at Comerica. Cycle completed and my best moment in years and years of sports gaming.
I don't recall ever coming across a Yankee-Red Sox fan.
First time for everything.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-27-2016, 04:29 AM   #39
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I don't recall ever coming across a Yankee-Red Sox fan.
First time for everything.
There is method in my madness. Unfortunately I know from years past I keep restarting franchises over and over. Usually I start about 10 playing the same first 15 to 20 Red Sox games which ends up a seasons worth of play. This year I limiting myself to one test then the real thing. Picked the Yankees for my test because I won't have to replay the same games and when I'm ready they won't be hard to leave behind! Next one will be the 162 game keeper with my beloved Red Sox. No restarting.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:33 AM   #40
Rookie

Here's mine from last night. RTTS 1B playing for the Astros btw.

Bottom of the 9th we're down 4-5, runner on first and two outs.
I come up to bat and quickly find myself in a 3-0 count. Now, if the game is on the line I'm swinging on 3-0 if the ball is right down the middle. And it was! The only problem was, as soon as the ball was released I got some crap in my eye and flinched! So I pause the game and get my eyes sorted and start looking for MY pitch again. After a 9 pitch at-bat I finally give up, and he walks me!

So there we are, runners on first and second when Correa is coming up who is in a real slump, like 0 for 17 or something. Then he starts fouling pitches off, and I mean like 7 pitches or something. Then he hits an absolute bomb! Coors field type of bomb, and we walk it off 7-5.

Maybe nothing much but I just love it when your teammates actually come through in big situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »