Home

World Baseball Classic vs MiLB

This is a discussion on World Baseball Classic vs MiLB within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What are you hoping for (in terms of licenses)?
Lincensed MiLB (players) 31 65.96%
World Baseball Classic 19 40.43%
Other leagues 8 17.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #17
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: World Baseball Classic vs MiLB

WBC..........
Old 04-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc748s
I would love for them to get MilB players but as Knight and Co already said......

But since the OSFM guys do an outstanding job every year I would love to see MiLB parks and more classic stadiums.
I honestly don't think it's going to ever happen. They technically don't need a license to put in national teams they just can't call it wbc. I have been creating my own for years and plan to put in up in the vault shortly. It's not perfect because I have to put countries on mlb teams and the colors don't always match up but it's better than nothing. I create 29 countries and a USA young star team with prospects aged 23 and under. I put all the best players on the rosters(not like the real wbc where USA puts their D team out there and plays like a spring training game. I was hoping they would allow create a jersey outside of DD, but was again disappointed. All they would need is two open jersey slots for every team and it would be awesome.

If anyone wants to download this roster i will throw into the vault after doing some more tweaking. USA, USA young stars, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Cuba, Japan all have full 90 man rosters. Every other country has mostly 40+ players. Since they don't give you an option for tournament I play short 14 game seasons, but this year I might do a franchise to utilize the entire roster. This instep best one I've ever created and it is as close to accurate as it gets.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
Doesn't solve the issue with having to negotiate with every single minor leaguer.
Plus, they have a pretty sweet situation with the current setup, they're not paying any money to the minor leaguers and they're having the OSFM guys do the rosters for free. I don't see why they would want to change that
Old 04-24-2016, 11:26 AM   #20
Rookie

Elldarre's Arena

If MiLB players can't happen (aside question: the game's splash screen lists some kind of MiLB license--what does that cover?), then I would want more minor-league stadiums. Some of the "generic" stadiums in the game are cool, and some are just way too generic. If a specific stadium can't be licensed, then like someone above said, make a generic city stadium with the correct dimensions.

The Japanese and Korean pro leagues would be cool, too.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #21
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

I would live to see the WBC using current big leaguers and just put in fake guys that we can edit for the rest. I would think that would be relatively easy to implement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 03:21 PM   #22
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

You know, now that I've considered this a little more, I'd rather have a licence for more legends. I've noticed when the game comes on there is a MLB Players Alumni Assoc. & they provide the rights to former MLB players. And what about public domain? Aren't images of players before 1924 in the public domain?
#44Syracuse
Old 04-24-2016, 05:10 PM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elldarre
If MiLB players can't happen (aside question: the game's splash screen lists some kind of MiLB license--what does that cover?), then I would want more minor-league stadiums. Some of the "generic" stadiums in the game are cool, and some are just way too generic. If a specific stadium can't be licensed, then like someone above said, make a generic city stadium with the correct dimensions.

The Japanese and Korean pro leagues would be cool, too.
The MiLB license that you see is for the teams themselves. Minor league players do not have a union so to get a real minor leaguer you would have to negotiate with him individually.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #24
Rookie

steagles's Arena

I don't want to have minor leaguers licensed. Let the OSFM team work their magic. I'll wait.

My wishlist is:
1 - minor league ballparks to be included
2 - FRANCHISE - NPB and KBO teams and a posting system
3 - RTTS - Be able to start in NPB or KBO and be posted/go to those leagues in free agency
4 - NPB and KBO ballparks
5 - WBC (really though, being able to create teams like in DD and export them would work just fine for this)
Colts, Pacers, White Sox, Blackhawks, Cards, Vols

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »