Home

Weird Lighting Issue (Darkness over Dirt)

This is a discussion on Weird Lighting Issue (Darkness over Dirt) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Weird Lighting Issue (Darkness over Dirt)

I've noticed this for awhile when batting, but it's really starting to irritate me now.

When batting the game looks way, way, too dark. I decided to go into replay mode and just roam around and see what is going on, and I started noticing massive lighting changes when transitioning from the dirt infield to grass. It looks like a dark film is being put over the screen when the camera is sitting over the dirt. It happens to different extremes whether you are playing a day, or night game, or have to roof open or closed, but it always seems to happen. And it seems to happen in every ballpark.

I always thought sunny days looked way too dark in The Show, but its ridiculous this year. Not sure if this is a bug or supposed to replicate light bouncing into your eyes on certain surfaces, but it doesn't look right at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Re: Weird Lighting Issue (Darkness over Dirt)

Lighting has taken a step back in my opinion this year, the game is really dark and colors are dull. I have gone back to 15.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:22 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I think the worst I've seen is the centerfield warning track at Miller Park.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-24-2016, 10:01 PM   #4
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Notice it on some cutscenes of players where the entire screen gets real dim.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:17 PM   #5
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

All it looks like is the camera is adjusting f stops for the light of the sun (letting more or less light in). You would do this in real life, because moving the camera, the lighting would be different because of the location of the sun... That what it just looks like to me as a someone with a film degree. But the fact it's in instant replay mode makes this a complete non issue for me personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 10:34 PM   #6
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
All it looks like is the camera is adjusting f stops for the light of the sun (letting more or less light in). You would do this in real life, because moving the camera, the lighting would be different because of the location of the sun... That what it just looks like to me as a someone with a film degree. But the fact it's in instant replay mode makes this a complete non issue for me personally.
The sun doesn't have anything to do with it except to exaggerate the actual dimness, as it happens at night too. Not sure why the position of the sun would only affect dirt either.

And it doesn't just happen in replay mode. Replay mode is just an easier way to show it off. The game is completely dim using all hitting and pitching cameras as well. Scroll through all Batting and Pitching views and the dark film is over all of them.

Playing at Progressive Field looks like you are playing with sunglasses on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »