Home

Most difficult teams to rebuild in MLB 16?

This is a discussion on Most difficult teams to rebuild in MLB 16? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #25
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most difficult teams to rebuild in MLB 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB
The Braves no doubt will be a challenge for the first couple of years but they have a big bright shining light at the end of the tunnel. The Padres will be somewhat easier for their first couple of seasons but when you look down their tunnel there is a dimly lit candle in high wind.
I don't know what you mean by San Diego being 'easier for their first couple of seasons'. Firstly, Cashner, Ross and Ramirez are in the last year of their contracts. So you should be trading them season 1 (They are pretty much your only Major League trade chips anyway. Sure you could argue Norris, Myers, Shields but you're looking at C POT, mid 70's OVR and old respectively). Second you're in a stacked division with LA, SF, and kinda AZ. So good luck winning that division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 01:34 AM   #26
Rookie

Probably the Cubs....

Just kidding, obviously. Padres are definitely one of the worst. Another one that's kinda of bad is the Orioles. Davis and Jones have value, but their farm system has nothing in it to trade for or from. Unless the user is willing to trade Machado.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #27
Rookie

bdhill78's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillGio
Probably the Cubs....

Just kidding, obviously. Padres are definitely one of the worst. Another one that's kinda of bad is the Orioles. Davis and Jones have value, but their farm system has nothing in it to trade for or from. Unless the user is willing to trade Machado.
And be stoned in the streets by the virtual fan base.
Bundesliga: FC Schalke 04
Old 04-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 27

I would say the Red, Brewers and Padres are toughest.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #29
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I would say the Red, Brewers and Padres are toughest.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
yup, braves have a pretty deep looking minor league system so eventually they will come into their own, sure move a few pieces here and there but you just have to wait a few seasons it looks like.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:22 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Depends on the rosters you use. The community one with full minor leagues always over values "prospects" so a Brave rebuild should be pretty easy. You just have to wait for the pitching to arrive. And they're not so bad in the infield either with Albies and Swanson knocking on the door. Just draft an outfielder close to the majors early in the next two drafts and you have a Cub situation on your hands where the next 10 years are set.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:36 PM   #31
RLB
Rookie

RLB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjsav
I don't know what you mean by San Diego being 'easier for their first couple of seasons'. Firstly, Cashner, Ross and Ramirez are in the last year of their contracts. So you should be trading them season 1 (They are pretty much your only Major League trade chips anyway. Sure you could argue Norris, Myers, Shields but you're looking at C POT, mid 70's OVR and old respectively). Second you're in a stacked division with LA, SF, and kinda AZ. So good luck winning that division.
In a 7 game series today with Atlanta vs San Diego, I would take the Padres. In two years I would take the Braves. I know the West is a tough division but, the reigning NL champions are from the East and the Nats are not exactly a walk in the park. Not to mention the Braves are 4-17 this year (the worst record in MLB). i will stand by my opinion......if you know what I mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 06:49 AM   #32
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB
In a 7 game series today with Atlanta vs San Diego, I would take the Padres. In two years I would take the Braves. I know the West is a tough division but, the reigning NL champions are from the East and the Nats are not exactly a walk in the park. Not to mention the Braves are 4-17 this year (the worst record in MLB). i will stand by my opinion......if you know what I mean.
I think you misunderstood the point mate. If you mean easier to win 70-80 games, sure San Diego over Atlanta. But I don't see the point in that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »