Home

Do you play Franchise with a team other than your favorite?

This is a discussion on Do you play Franchise with a team other than your favorite? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 08:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do you play Franchise with a team other than your favorite?

Chicago fan-both Cubs and White Sox. My baseball world rotates between all 30 teams, one series at a time. CPU does all the managing. I GM all the teams with one eye on the real MLB, but only replicating moves that make sense as my season goes along. I use franchise mode, but only play one season because I hate the whole off season experience. I don't care for the "business of baseball" at all, apart from making trades and signing players during the season. I am into the day-to-day grind and drama of the 162-game marathon. I have played this way since 1987 on the Commodore-64. I do hope for a Crosstown Sox-Cubs World Series in my world, which has never happened. Last year, led by AL Cy Young winner Jeff Samardzija and MLB RBI-leading Jose Abreu, my White Sox advanced to the World Series, only to lose in seven to the LA law firm of Kershaw, Gonzalez and Puig. That was the Sox first Fall Classic appearance. The Cubs? Still waiting...oh well.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:36 PM   #18
Rookie

Played as the Astros couple years ago and Cubs past two since they had good farm systems. This year ill be back to my favorite the Braves since they are abysmal and I want to turn it around.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:15 PM   #19
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
I play all games with the Cubs, but also play most with my favorite AL team the Rays. I also play occasional games of other teams if I like a certain starting pitcher for that day. 30 team control is nice.
Not all heroes wear capes. Playing in the trop is like stabbing my eyes with a wooden stake.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:01 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimey
Chicago fan-both Cubs and White Sox. My baseball world rotates between all 30 teams, one series at a time. CPU does all the managing. I GM all the teams with one eye on the real MLB, but only replicating moves that make sense as my season goes along. I use franchise mode, but only play one season because I hate the whole off season experience. I don't care for the "business of baseball" at all, apart from making trades and signing players during the season. I am into the day-to-day grind and drama of the 162-game marathon. I have played this way since 1987 on the Commodore-64. I do hope for a Crosstown Sox-Cubs World Series in my world, which has never happened. Last year, led by AL Cy Young winner Jeff Samardzija and MLB RBI-leading Jose Abreu, my White Sox advanced to the World Series, only to lose in seven to the LA law firm of Kershaw, Gonzalez and Puig. That was the Sox first Fall Classic appearance. The Cubs? Still waiting...oh well.
That's a pretty cool way to play.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:33 PM   #21
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I nominate the D'Backs.
That's the team I'm using this year. I recently moved to AZ, so figured between this game and watching games on TV, it'd give me a good sense of what this team was all about. There's definite potential with this roster.

I try not to use my favorite team often. Like others have said, I get too invested in the players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 11:38 PM   #22
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I am not this season. The Cubs are too good, and I like building up teams. I picked Seattle, but it turns out they're pretty good in the game, too, as I'm leading the Wild Card race at the ASB.

Watch me play video games
Old 04-26-2016, 01:20 AM   #23
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
Always. I don't like using my favorite teams in any sports video games. I am too attached to the players and never want to make any changes.

I prefer to pick a mid to low tier team and try to rebuild them. That way I am not attached to the current roster or prospects and feel more comfortable making moves.

I am a Red Sox fan and this year will be trying to get the Pirates over the hump.
Not always, but sometimes I do this. I do this mainly in Madden and NBA 2K too
Old 04-26-2016, 01:47 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I usually try and re-build the worst team in the game, so either Phillies, Braves or Brewers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »