Home

Strike zone camera: cheap?

This is a discussion on Strike zone camera: cheap? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #17
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Strike zone camera: cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I'd say a camera zoomed in only on the strike zone doesn't really replicate hitting in real life. Your eyes aren't over the plate, in the zone when you're actually hitting.
It's the closet thing to first person. It's not exactly like real life but I can see and read pitches better from the zoom offset (which is what I use) better than any view available.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-29-2016, 12:28 AM   #18
Rookie

brifoxdawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
i find it can be harder to read changeups
I agree. I tried this camera for the first time today thinking i would be able to pick up low change ups better and I was still swinging ahead and over the top of them.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #19
Rookie

The idea of fish eye was a great idea and the view of the ballpark was fantastic but I didn't think it was a good hitting camera. The pitcher seemed way too far away and timing was pretty tough. I switched to strike zone camera right after I switched to zone hitting. I don't see how it is cheap at all. It gives you a better depth perception of the pitcher and makes reading the break a bit easier. You still have to be able to lay off pitches (High fastballs and low offspeed is still hard for me) and get your timing down.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I started using strike zone last week. At first I hated it. I thought it was way too zoomed in and harder to see low pitches, but after getting used to it, it does seem to make seeing pitches a bit easier for me. I'm not raking or anything, because I'm not that good at the game, but I am taking more pitches that are outside of the plate, and I don't swing at really low pitches as much anymore. Offset zoom and zoom are what I'm used to (ever since Triple Play on Genesis) but the pitcher looks wayyy too far away.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:06 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I can't read low pitches at all from this camera.

And I don't believe any camera is "cheap", aside from the way Broadcast/Pitcher/etc used to be where you could see the catcher's hand signals.
Agreed on both points. Thankfully, the broadcast camera isn't usable in online play this year.

Whenever I use strike zone camera I focus on hitting high pitches because it's so hard to read low pitches from that perspective. If I'm playing someone who only throws low pitches, then I'll switch to one of the more zoomed out views.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #22
Rookie

I use the strike zone camera with zone + analog hitting. I don't play online so I don't have to worry about not being able to use the custom cameras. I like to zoom out the strike zone camera a little and I offset it up and toward the batter a little as well. It is about as close as I can get to mimicking being in the batter's box myself. I love it. It makes those inside pitches 'feel' inside to me and those sliders away so tricky to lay off, just like it does in a real batter's box IMO.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:13 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by benanderson110
I use the strike zone camera with zone + analog hitting. I don't play online so I don't have to worry about not being able to use the custom cameras. I like to zoom out the strike zone camera a little and I offset it up and toward the batter a little as well. It is about as close as I can get to mimicking being in the batter's box myself. I love it. It makes those inside pitches 'feel' inside to me and those sliders away so tricky to lay off, just like it does in a real batter's box IMO.
very interesting, would love to see a screencap of that if you have one.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:36 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrody
very interesting, would love to see a screencap of that if you have one.
Here is an example of the camera I use. Again, it is Strike Zone, but pulled out as far as it will go and angled up and toward the batter.

13122804_10208552128907967_3531677054988404013_o.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »