Home

Budget issue. Did I do something wrong?

This is a discussion on Budget issue. Did I do something wrong? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3
Budget issue. Did I do something wrong?

So I took the Brewers in my first run and sim'd the season to August and then played. I ended up making the play-offs on the last day of the season and went on to win the World Series (Yes, I know this shouldn't happen and was planning on increasing the difficulty in season 2 but I wanted to have fun at least once.) So after the season ended my budget increased all of 13 million! I didn't expect a 200 million budget, but I can't even sign all my players and coaches.

So is this normal? Was there something I should have done with sponsors through the season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Budget issue. Did I do something wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong, but I'm trying to figure out what contracts you're giving out that you can't sign your players and coaches

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #3
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

What's your roster look like? Is it the default roster? Did you make trades through the season and who did you sign in the offseason?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

I made a few trades and signed a few free agents, but nothing huge. My biggest issue is coming from some minor leagues I brought up who had really good years and progressed and now want bigger contracts. Plus the Brewers roster is full of players that are in their contract years. It doesn't take signing a few of those players to a few million dollar contracts before money is running short. For instance, Nelson, Garza, Peralta, Lucroy are all up for contracts. I don't remember exactly what they're asking for but I know Nelson, who won 15 games wants around 6 mil and Lucroy is around 8. The others are too.

As far as sponsorships go, does that money you earn from those only apply to games you play, or do they also apply to games that you sim?
Old 04-29-2016, 06:48 PM   #5
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
I made a few trades and signed a few free agents, but nothing huge. My biggest issue is coming from some minor leagues I brought up who had really good years and progressed and now want bigger contracts. Plus the Brewers roster is full of players that are in their contract years. It doesn't take signing a few of those players to a few million dollar contracts before money is running short. For instance, Nelson, Garza, Peralta, Lucroy are all up for contracts. I don't remember exactly what they're asking for but I know Nelson, who won 15 games wants around 6 mil and Lucroy is around 8. The others are too.

As far as sponsorships go, does that money you earn from those only apply to games you play, or do they also apply to games that you sim?
You know about renewable players, arbitration eligible players and things like that right? You don't always have to give them what they want. Players that you called up for the first time have to take what you give for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 09:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

Yea, I did sign some of them for less than they wanted, but I wasn't exactly sure how the mechanic would work if they were unhappy with their contract. Will they not progress as quickly? May digress?
Old 04-29-2016, 10:06 PM   #7
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Unless the money suddenly shows up after the season is over, sponsorships aren't working for me this year. I can't figure it out.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:25 PM   #8
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

Everything I've read says the sponsorship money shows up after the season is over.

I'm just not sure if you earn it when you sim or only when you actually play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »