Home

Blatant AI Cheating

This is a discussion on Blatant AI Cheating within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 04:15 PM   #41
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Blatant AI Cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
It's a full-on video game conspiracy!!!

I bet this goes much higher than SDS or Sony. We need congressional hearings to get to the bottom of this one!
Way higher than SDS Sony or even congress. Like Tom Brady level high.
I personally suspect Brady myself. Probably a lot of Red Sox cpu ai cheating if truth be known.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #42
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been playing since the show began..There has always been something fishy and I am convinced that there is..I have played too many games to know when I am being cheated

Despite what any developer says..They want to sell the game..Saying that there is a "comeback" code would completely trash sales..
Old 04-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Way higher than SDS Sony or even congress. Like Tom Brady level high.
I personally suspect Brady myself. Probably a lot of Red Sox cpu ai cheating if truth be known.

Yeah, that CPU team obviously had the "that guy Brady was talking to" deflate the baseball so it would be harder to field and throw.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:35 PM   #44
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zub65
I have played in enough games to know there seems to be a lot of odd "occurrences" that seems to happen in the ninth inning. More so than any other inning. Passed balls down the middle of the plate, missed pop ups, throws in the dirt. Not sure if this is a "clutch" rating thing or what. I understand that the pitcher will lose confidence but it shouldn't affect your fielder's ability to perform. I understand that the breaks won't always go your way. You could flip a coin and have it land on "heads" six or seven times in a row. So a group of unusual events does happen. As far as momentum goes. it's something I don't believe in. It's a cheap cliche announcers use. What is momentum exactly? And what value does it really have? I get sick of a football announcer tell me a team has momentum after an interception, only to have that team fumble on the next play. Tell me how did that "momentum" help?
This stuff happens in all the other innings, too. This is the main problem with the argument that something fishy is going on. It's 100% USER bias and the USER notices these things more when the game's on the line. You can say we humans are predisposed to be glitched in our perceptions.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #45
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

It's pretty simple to explain. These occurrences stick out because they changed the outcome. It's rare that someone remembers a random error in the 5th inning of a 4 run game because it had no direct impact on the outcome.

But when that random error happens in the 9th of a tie game, you absolutely remember it because it's more impactful.

As for the OP, that's simply a bug. It's been in this game and others before where a ball goes out of play but the game still registers it as live.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
There is an adaptive AI built into the game, right?

If the AI keeps doing the same thing throughout the game, the user will pick up on it and try to adjust, right? The opposite then would be true with an adaptive AI - if the user keeps doing the same thing, the AI will adjust.
This could definitely be one of the things. Like pitching you start to throw the same pitch in the same situation every time the AI is going to catch on to it. Like if you throw a fastball all the time in a 2-0 count. The AI is going to recognize that and adapt it.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #47
Rookie

hock0413's Arena

OVR: 3

Maybe the machines are rising up! First they beat us in video game baseball then take over the world. I for one am not going to take it, time to go off the grid!
Old 04-30-2016, 05:55 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy
This thread totally validates the " If this happened..." Thread.
I should probably put this example in that thread, but it's still related to this topic regardless. So....

Anyone watch the MIA-MIL game last night? The one where Conley had a no-hitter and got pulled, but still a combined no-no into the 9th?

Here's what happened in that inning:

Braun - K. 1 out

Lucroy - Duck snort base hit to right to break up the no - no (hate using that term because it's a Hawk-ism)

Carter - ground out to 3rd, 2 out

Presley - base hit, Lucroy scores. 6-1

Flores - Double, Presley scores. 6-2

Walsh - base hit, Flores scores. 6-3

AJ Ramos comes in to pitch

Nieuwenhuis - Walks

Santana - Walks, bases loaded

Villar - K. Marlins win 6-3.

The game went from 6-0 to 6-3 on 2 outs with not just the tying run, but the WINNING run at the plate, and all it would have taken at that point is one hung breaking ball and we might have had either a tie game or a Brewers win.

That's baseball. It's not an excuse. That's just the way this game is. Earlier in the year there was a day when 8 teams had comeback wins.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/174381...-comeback-wins

Obviously the OP's example is a bug, and it's unfortunate that it happened in Conquest mode where there's no way to rectify it. That's not what I'm talking about here.

Last edited by bcruise; 04-30-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »