Home

Snap Throws from the Catcher

This is a discussion on Snap Throws from the Catcher within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Snap Throws from the Catcher

I'm pretty sure he was just joking around about needing to see a video hence the lol.

On topic I have gotten extremely close before, but have never gotten one to work successfully yet. Does the CPU ever attempt them?

― Plato
Old 05-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm pretty sure he was just joking around about needing to see a video hence the lol.

On topic I have gotten extremely close before, but have never gotten one to work successfully yet. Does the CPU ever attempt them?
I've never seen the computer attempt one myself

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #11
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0

They don't happen all that often anyway, but it would be nice for them to be added in future IF they can program them to happen infrequently enough. They need to make dropped third strikes more infrequent. I've seen a guy lose his bat in The Show 2 or 3 times out of hundreds and hundreds of games, so it's not like they're not able to program the likelihood of an event happening at a very low frequency, like 0.3%, 1%, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 08:07 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
They don't happen all that often anyway, but it would be nice for them to be added in future IF they can program them to happen infrequently enough. They need to make dropped third strikes more infrequent. I've seen a guy lose his bat in The Show 2 or 3 times out of hundreds and hundreds of games, so it's not like they're not able to program the likelihood of an event happening at a very low frequency, like 0.3%, 1%, etc.

Just ONCE I'd like to see a batter that doesn't care about the dropped third strike and walk back to the dugout and get tagged by the catcher. IRL, how often does the batter run to first? 50-60% of the time? And that's being generous, I believe.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #13
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

On a similar note, I threw one into RF with Christian Bethancourt yesterday, lol.

I've done it before with him, and maybe 2 times with Yadier Molina. It's definitely not a common occurrence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerpig79
Just ONCE I'd like to see a batter that doesn't care about the dropped third strike and walk back to the dugout and get tagged by the catcher. IRL, how often does the batter run to first? 50-60% of the time? And that's being generous, I believe.
Not in the game. However, that was actually a suggestion I made to the team last fall.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 05-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #14
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

i've done it a couple times. throw a pitch in the dirt and let it bounce off your catcher. if there is a slow runner he might hesitate to run to 2nd. pick up ball and fire it to first. i did this in 14. I also stepped off mound once and manually threw it to first to pick the cpu off which i think is even more rare. i was pleasantly suprised.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
I also stepped off mound once and manually threw it to first to pick the cpu off which i think is even more rare. i was pleasantly suprised.
Oh yeah, reminds me just yesterday I stepped off the mound and the dude took off to second. Don't remember seeing that before. Was pleased. Even if this stuff is rare as hell it's just nice to know it's in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #16
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh123
Gonna need to see a video before I believe that lol! I have been playing this game since 08 and have never seen it once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »