Home

Season Mode - 82 games - am I the only?

This is a discussion on Season Mode - 82 games - am I the only? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 05:34 PM   #17
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Season Mode - 82 games - am I the only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
162 games, it's a long season. But this year i will try to play one game every series and use Quick Manage for the others, jumping in during big innings or just to play some at-bats with my favourite players.
This is what I had in mind as well. I think it's a solid plan for getting through a couple seasons and be (almost) in completely​ control of your team.

This will also help with breaking milestones and steaks which I was never able to do due to simming

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #18
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

I couldn't do it. I also am very much a stat guy, especially for baseball. The only sport I can do a shortened season on is basketball, because all the main stats are Per game statistics, so it does not bother me as much.

Baseball no way, unless I was doing a fun little online league that was with a few buddies.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Would be nice for them to prorate stats so we can get our full season numbers even on a shorter season
Old 03-16-2017, 12:24 AM   #20
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

OVR: 0

Be a man, play all 162 games
Old 03-16-2017, 04:34 AM   #21
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

I always do 162. Takes me 2 months and worth every penny. Games go by fast and I can do like 10-12 in one day, so 20 games a week? It adds up. I used to shorten the seasons in the past but not anymore. It's more fulfilling to do a full season. I did 2 full seasons with the Blue Jays and won back to back World Series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 12:15 PM   #22
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
I always do 162. Takes me 2 months and worth every penny. Games go by fast and I can do like 10-12 in one day, so 20 games a week? It adds up. I used to shorten the seasons in the past but not anymore. It's more fulfilling to do a full season. I did 2 full seasons with the Blue Jays and won back to back World Series.
How do you get so many done so fast?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #23
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

162 games is where it's at but I wouldn't mind playing a 40 game schedule just for fun.. Using quick manage it'll go by in no time. Maybe using an alternate year ..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-16-2017, 01:51 PM   #24
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
Wow dude you're a trooper, 10 to 12 games a day?. With my Jays i do at least 1 game a day, if its the weekend i might do 2 so i'm just about a month behind the real baseball season and by November my season is done. I wish the game was released maybe 2 weeks earlier so i can get Spring Training up and running and Sony could just release patches and game updates until its fully finished and ready for the regular season. But i'm not complaining too much, this is still a part of my summer and the only reason i own a PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »