Home

What bone headed mistakes have you made?

This is a discussion on What bone headed mistakes have you made? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #49
Rookie

basebalfan3000's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What bone headed mistakes have you made?

Giving agone a 3-1 fastball inside
Old 06-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #50
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Accidentally sent all runners in a 1st and 3rd situation during a 3-2 count with no outs. Batter struck out, runner from third got tagged out at home, & runner from 1st tried to get back to first after I realized what I did and he got tagged out from the catchers throw to first.

Worst of all this was in the bottom of the ninth and I was down one run.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:05 AM   #51
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

I've done some of the things others have mentioned like advancing that extra base in RTTS only to find out the lead runner stopped for some reason, accidentally stole the next base with someone already there, forgot how many outs there were on a flyball, and messed up on which way the bases were mapped so I get tagged with an easily avoidable error/run.

For my own ones:

I'm pitching with a 1-run lead with the tying run on second, 2 outs, Goldschmidt is up to bat. Goldie's had a rough day at the plate (0-for-3 with 3 Ks) and I'm dealing pretty well all-around. I decide to see if I can get him to chase like he has been all game but if I miss, not too big of a deal (provided my relief can get the next out). Get him to chase a curve in the dirt and an outside change...just miss with a splitter outside so I decide to give him a fastball above the letters and inside the black, "right up in the kitchen," as commentary says...big mistake and 474 feet later, I now trail by a run.

Decided to use an old RTTS save of a pitcher set for the draft, and make a few cosmetic edits to said player. I say "why not" to being the Phillies draft pick. Finally make it to the majors and into the starting rotation. In my first six starts, I'm 0-4 with a 1.38 ERA in 45.2 IP and I have received a total of ONE measly run of support in those six games. Teams I've started against are not that great (MIL, CHC, MIN, ATL, MIA, COL), except for the Cubs. I haven't faced an ace either, in fact mostly 4s and 5s. Even worse, Phillies are 3rd in the division, three games under .500 and 4.5 and 9.5 games back respectively.

This has happened a few times as I know it's coming, but keep doing it anyway. In a couple of my Y2Y saves, a generic replacement for a no-longer-MLBPA-pitcher, has come in at mid-20s and a blisteringly-fast fastball velocity of 80 and 82 mph respectively. The 80-mph pitcher has a 67 mph change, a 64 mph curve, and a 72 mph slider. The 82-mph pitcher has a 71 mph circle-change and splitter. It's so agonizingly slow and no matter how long I wait, I'm a week early. I literally feel like Carlos Liston trying to hit Doc "Juan 3" Wingate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 07:01 AM   #52
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

When tuning 2, I input the commands so fast that somethimes the fielder throwing to second has not released the ball and my second input overrides the first one, resulting with only a throw to first.

Last edited by nemesis04; 06-18-2016 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:52 AM   #53
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Accidentally sent all runners in a 1st and 3rd situation during a 3-2 count with no outs. Batter struck out, runner from third got tagged out at home, & runner from 1st tried to get back to first after I realized what I did and he got tagged out from the catchers throw to first.

Worst of all this was in the bottom of the ninth and I was down one run.
I have trouble with this on ps4 as well. Not once have I got it to work, runner on third always breaks. But yet on ps3 never had trouble with it ever. Weird...

I just recently playing the Marlins scoreless game in the 6th base loaded 2 outs 3-2(runner on first running on pitch) count groundball to short and I still throw it to 2nd(runner safe) instead of first like a dummy giving up a run I didn't have to. Luckily I still won game 4-1.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #54
Rookie

basebalfan3000's Arena

With men on second and third nobody out i hit a grounder to first and my stupid self decided not to stop my runner from 3rd to score
Old 07-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #55
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

I tried to tag up on Bryce Harper, then tried the same thing on Puig. Needless to say it didn't go well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2016, 11:42 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 3

Tried to throw out Altuve at home on a chopper to 1st. Didn't get an out and Houston ended up scoring 4 times that inning

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »