Home

Pitcher Confidence in relation to Pitching around Players

This is a discussion on Pitcher Confidence in relation to Pitching around Players within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Pitcher Confidence in relation to Pitching around Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I believe the power slider is supposed to have an impact on the batted ball velocity?

Perhaps higher solid hits and lower power would take care of that.

Not many players average 90+ MPH on batted balls - mostly the top power threats. I've never tried to track the velocities to see if, on average, how much difference there is. Maybe that's something I could try doing for a couple players - pick a high power and a low power guy and see what I get.
I don't pay close enough attention to look at averages, just top speeds, really. And I do agree that the power slider is the one that can increase/decrease top hit speeds - it's a good indicator that the slider is working, actually.

Solid Hits can certainly affect the frequency of high hit speed blasts and therefore averages, but power (both the rating and slider) determines the top-end. And from what I've seen leaving the power slider on default is a pretty good representation of real life.

Here's the list of highest exit velos from last year (which is really what you have to go by since the ratings are based on past year's performances):

http://m.mlb.com/statcast/leaderboard#exit-velo,r,2015

For me, 120 on default sliders/SCEA rosters is possible with Stanton if I power swing, or a normal if I really square it up and get lucky. I doubt many others can.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:12 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I don't pay close enough attention to look at averages, just top speeds, really. And I do agree that the power slider is the one that can increase/decrease top hit speeds - it's a good indicator that the slider is working, actually.

Solid Hits can certainly affect the frequency of high hit speed blasts and therefore averages, but power (both the rating and slider) determines the top-end. And from what I've seen leaving the power slider on default is a pretty good representation of real life.

Here's the list of highest exit velos from last year (which is really what you have to go by since the ratings are based on past year's performances):

http://m.mlb.com/statcast/leaderboard#exit-velo,r,2015

For me, 120 on default sliders/SCEA rosters is possible with Stanton if I power swing, or a normal if I really square it up and get lucky. I doubt many others can.

Yep, that's one I was look at - just for the average tab.

I haven't hit 120 - I did get some 115's with Chris Carter and probably 110's with Chris Davis.

A 120 MPH single? Did it leave a mark on the infield? Go through someone's glove? Was it a liner that left a vapor trail? Wow.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:12 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 0

I don think that pitcher confidence could be better but it is way better than it was like 4 years or so ago. I remember back then confidence would go up way to fast and once it would go up they would throw strikes like 90% of the time and even when there confidence was high you could get a great pitch to hit time it perfectly and have your PCI placed well and it would still most likely be a out. Now those things don't happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »