Home

AI pitchers won't throw balls

This is a discussion on AI pitchers won't throw balls within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
AI pitchers won't throw balls

I am in my first game ever for 16. I've had it since launch and never played a game until now.
The CPU will not throw balls at all. I'm in the 5th inning and every pitch is a fastball down the middle or close but still all fastballs and all strikes. They have gone through 4 pitchers now.

What gives?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 10:48 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: AI pitchers won't throw balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a
I am in my first game ever for 16. I've had it since launch and never played a game until now.
The CPU will not throw balls at all. I'm in the 5th inning and every pitch is a fastball down the middle or close but still all fastballs and all strikes. They have gone through 4 pitchers now.

What gives?
What level are you playing on?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

What gives?
This is also my first year playing. If you play on beginner batting difficulty the AI will simply not throw any balls. This is so you can learn how to hit without worrying about taking. If you bump the difficulty up to rookie, AI will start throwing balls but not as many as would be realistic. At the next difficulty things start to seem more realistic, especially for my current level of experience. I haven't gotten all the way up to the highest difficulties but I believe at legend the pitchers get incredibly crafty with their locations/pitch selections.

If you're playing on dynamic difficulty, I believe it starts you off at beginner-like level and dynamically changes as you improve.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #4
Rookie

So this year its new? I've always played custom and I lower the CPU pitching sliders to the lowest to get a feel and and after a few games I raise the sliders. And before 16 they would throw balls. Right now I've not got one.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
So this year its new? I've always played custom and I lower the CPU pitching sliders to the lowest to get a feel and and after a few games I raise the sliders. And before 16 they would throw balls. Right now I've not got one.
Try raising them. I know you want to get a feel, so lower them back where you are comfortable, but try this first. Raise them to about 3.

See if you get balls. I'm thinking maybe they are missing IN the zone (i.e. they want to throw balls but miss and it ended up a strike.

Otherwise, like others have said, check your difficulty level. Veteran with 0/0 CPU pitching might be a good place to get your feel and Vet should throw pitches out of the zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

What gives?
We must be playing different games.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #7
Rookie

It was beginner mode and I changed it to dynamic. Big difference.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #8
Rookie

mnsportsguy47's Arena

OVR: 0

I play a lot of (me vs. CPU) games in play now with dynamic difficulty and have always had trouble getting the AI pitchers to throw more balls and also a cumulative pitch count, and I am very patient at the plate. I feel fortunate if I can get the AI pitcher to walk me twice in a game. Never does the AI pitcher(s) have a game where they throw say 140 pitches. Any suggestions which slider or sliders to change or adjust?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »