Home

Balls swerving to hit batter after crossing the plate online?

This is a discussion on Balls swerving to hit batter after crossing the plate online? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #1
Rookie

brifoxdawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Balls swerving to hit batter after crossing the plate online?

I just quit a game where I was losing 7-1. There were three times when I would throw a pitch with my right hander to a lefty that were down and away, the game would then freeze for a second, and when it would come to the ball would have hit the batter. I went to replay mode and in every case you could see the ball would have crossed the plate and was about to go into the catcher's glove, but the game would then freeze and the ball would take a hard turn into the batter almost as if it was possessed for something. Is this a result of bad internet connection? I was also throwing balls for strikes that were being called balls (post pitch locator had the pitches fully within the strike zone and they were being called balls - in a few cases I had change ups thrown dead center being called balls. However when I paused and looked at the pitcher analysis for my pitcher these pitches were showing up as strikes on the zone analysis). I am clueless as to what was going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Balls swerving to hit batter after crossing the plate online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brifoxdawg
I just quit a game where I was losing 7-1. There were three times when I would throw a pitch with my right hander to a lefty that were down and away, the game would then freeze for a second, and when it would come to the ball would have hit the batter. I went to replay mode and in every case you could see the ball would have crossed the plate and was about to go into the catcher's glove, but the game would then freeze and the ball would take a hard turn into the batter almost as if it was possessed for something. Is this a result of bad internet connection?
It's partly that. It's basically the game syncing back up to create a fair experience for both players - because it desyncs a bit to allow the pitcher to pitch with no input delay, and the batter to have no input delay while hitting. Fielding and baserunning need to be synced because they're done simultaneously. Usually when this happens for me it's on bat to ball contact, not ball to batter contact. And I haven't seen the ball swerve into a batter, but I have seen it "teleport" to another place in the strike zone (or out of it) while I was batting.
Quote:
I was also throwing balls for strikes that were being called balls (post pitch locator had the pitches fully within the strike zone and they were being called balls - in a few cases I had change ups thrown dead center being called balls. However when I paused and looked at the pitcher analysis for my pitcher these pitches were showing up as strikes on the zone analysis). I am clueless as to what was going on.
Yeah, I've seen this from time to time too - even pre patch. It wasn't something that was introduced after the patch. Missing a call is one thing, but missing something right down the middle is an obvious bug. Fortunately it only happened once or twice in any given online game that I played - hopefully it's not more frequent now.

Last edited by bcruise; 05-02-2016 at 04:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »