Home

Relievers tired immediately upon entering?

This is a discussion on Relievers tired immediately upon entering? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2016, 07:30 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Relievers tired immediately upon entering?

Do you go back into your bullpen and assign them "ready and waiting"? This is what I do after usually 3 at bats time. I believe this stupid them from getting tired in the pen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2016, 12:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy
Mode: Offline franchise.

Yes, very particular about using fresh relievers. Pay very close attention to their energy levels. Even on the first game of the season, started warming up the next guy with 2 outs in the hitting half, set to bring in next inning, comes in 75%. Always a guarantee of this if there's a cut scene (bottom six line score/stat blurb especially).

I've had this issue since.... easily MLB 10.

Fatigued and need a day off? No, I wouldn't ask this if I brought in a guy with a half full energy bar. Happens on first game of the year just as much as the first game back from a day off with full bars.
Maybe your reliever isn't all the way warm and that is decreasing his stamina? I think it might be new this year but I have noticed that when I bring guys in that aren't all the way warm it affects their stamina and they get tired a lot quicker than normal. This might be the issue? Maybe try warming them up the entire half inning before, that is what I have been doing.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #11
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBAlki
Do you go back into your bullpen and assign them "ready and waiting"? This is what I do after usually 3 at bats time. I believe this stupid them from getting tired in the pen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yea, I do this too. I believe this has them throw one pitch in the pen for every pitch that is thrown in the game so they stay "ready".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

If the reliever is at full stamina and he's fully warm, but when you bring him in he's no longer at full, I think I know what you're talking about. What seems to prevent it is using the "Mound Visit" option prior to changing pitchers. Then he'll come in at full stamina.

In franchise (not sure on other modes) in the MLB the reliever stamina just seems weird in general. Use a guy for a batter one day, he'll have full stamina the next. But if you don't use him that day, he'll go down to 75% the next day - getting tired even though he didn't pitch the day before. It doesn't seem to work the same way in AAA or AA games.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:43 AM   #13
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdatkins
Maybe your reliever isn't all the way warm and that is decreasing his stamina? I think it might be new this year but I have noticed that when I bring guys in that aren't all the way warm it affects their stamina and they get tired a lot quicker than normal. This might be the issue? Maybe try warming them up the entire half inning before, that is what I have been doing.
Is this a thing? I never fully heat up a guy since I always thought that made it more likely that he'd enter tired. It doesn't seem to matter how I do this but it's very hit or miss, more miss than hit, that I can't get a full bar of a reliever. Perhaps this is it.

"Ready and Waiting" has lessened it for me sometimes but I can't get to that point in a half inning using quick counts. Plus on those times when I've started heating a guy up at the start of a hitting half, he's always tired upon entering since I can't get to "R&W" yet. Three batters, if you have a quick inning, won't let a guy heat up enough in quick counts.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:45 AM   #14
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marter
If the reliever is at full stamina and he's fully warm, but when you bring him in he's no longer at full, I think I know what you're talking about. What seems to prevent it is using the "Mound Visit" option prior to changing pitchers. Then he'll come in at full stamina.

In franchise (not sure on other modes) in the MLB the reliever stamina just seems weird in general. Use a guy for a batter one day, he'll have full stamina the next. But if you don't use him that day, he'll go down to 75% the next day - getting tired even though he didn't pitch the day before. It doesn't seem to work the same way in AAA or AA games.
That's also been an issue for as many iterations as I can remember. You seem to be only able to use them back to back days effectively and never one on, one off, one on without a penalty.

This is exacerbated in the playoffs. By the time Game 7 of a series rolls around, there isn't a pitcher on anyone's staff near 80% no matter how you use them, starters included.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:51 AM   #15
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8

Here's the perfect way to warm up a reliever. Just have him stretch and toss. This will only fill the meter to 50% max. Once he is half way there change it to warm up and have a mound visit after that. This will fill the relievers meter to 75% and that's the time to bring him in the game but... The most important thing is that you have warm-up pitches turned on. Throw all 8 warm-up pitches and on the last warm-up pitch the meter will fill to exactly 100% ready. This only works with the warm-up pitches and you have to throw all 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

What I do is warm up a reliever and then put him on ready and waiting. If you let him warm up for a long time he will fatigue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »