Home

Is It Time For The Angels to Trade Mike Trout?

This is a discussion on Is It Time For The Angels to Trade Mike Trout? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #33
Rookie

JDiaz1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is It Time For The Angels to Trade Mike Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
You absolutely do not trade your best player. You build around him. Trade the other crap on the team like Pujols or Weaver.
No team in baseball would take those contracts without the Angels either A) eating most of their contracts or B) including top prospects (which the Angels don't have). So there is essentially no way to get rid of those contracts.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Trout's salary also increases from $16M to $34M next year, so that will lessen some of that salary relief.

I think it's an interesting question. Can they mold themselves into a successful team by the time his contract is up and convince him to stay? Of they can't, I think they should consider trading him in one of the last two years of that deal to try to get something back
We'll see. Last time I heard how they were in such dire straights was 2 years ago, and they ended up winning 98 games. Their budget is limited only by the luxury tax it appears, as Moreno looks to be hesitant to cross it.

I am not sure what the answer is, I am just going to go to that stadium 20 something times a year and watch the best player in baseball do his thing. I was telling my wife how lucky we've been to see him as much as much as we do as he's truly a generational player.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #35
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
You absolutely do not trade your best player. You build around him. Trade the other crap on the team like Pujols or Weaver.
Weaver is off the books after this year and Pujols has actually been a lot more productive than people think. Not to mention no one is taking those contracts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #36
Rookie

JDiaz1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Weaver is off the books after this year and Pujols has actually been a lot more productive than people think. Not to mention no one is taking those contracts.
I see Albert having a season similar to his last one. Now, that still is not a very good season compared to what they are paying him. But like I was saying, in the end I see Albert having 30-40 homers, a poor OBP, poor defense, and a respectable wRC+ (and this is coming from a big Pujols fan)
Old 05-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiaz1
I see Albert having a season similar to his last one. Now, that still is not a very good season compared to what they are paying him. But like I was saying, in the end I see Albert having 30-40 homers, a poor OBP, poor defense, and a respectable wRC+ (and this is coming from a big Pujols fan)
If they get 30-40 bombs and a OPS+ of 116-125, like they have, there's really not much to complain about. They knew this was coming, but I hear people like yourself talk about Pujols as if he's been completely unproductive since he got here, and that's quite simply not true.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #38
Rookie

JDiaz1's Arena

Quote:
If they get 30-40 bombs and a OPS+ of 116-125, like they have, there's really not much to complain about. They knew this was coming, but I hear people like yourself talk about Pujols as if he's been completely unproductive since he got here, and that's quite simply not true.
I never said that he has been unproductive. My argument has been that people have been expecting him to produce something along the lines of what the Angels are paying him for (which is not going to happen). He is what he is, he has good power, poor defense, and a poor OBP. He is producing, yes. But there is clear signs of him declining in a big way.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiaz1
I never said that he has been unproductive. My argument has been that people have been expecting him to produce something along the lines of what the Angels are paying him for (which is not going to happen). He is what he is, he has good power, poor defense, and a poor OBP. He is producing, yes. But there is clear signs of him declining in a big way.
He's 36 clearly there's going to be a decline. Who are these people expecting him to do what he did when he was in his prime.

As far as poor defense, that's not really true either. When they let him play defense that is.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:01 PM   #40
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I am not sure what the answer is, I am just going to go to that stadium 20 something times a year and watch the best player in baseball do his thing. I was telling my wife how lucky we've been to see him as much as much as we do as he's truly a generational player.
My biggest regret while I was in SoCal was that I didn't go to an Angels game and watch him play. Hopefully they come to Coors Field sometime in the near future.

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »