Home

Frequency of Slide step delivery

This is a discussion on Frequency of Slide step delivery within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Frequency of Slide step delivery

Granted my guy is still in Triple A, but he has a ridiculous amount of steals because pitchers don't seem to use a slide step very often. I run him with abandon. Does its use increase in the majors I hope?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Frequency of Slide step delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSqueeze
Granted my guy is still in Triple A, but he has a ridiculous amount of steals because pitchers don't seem to use a slide step very often. I run him with abandon. Does its use increase in the majors I hope?
I have noticed that slide steps and pitch outs seem to be affected by the pick-off slider. I also noticed more slide steps when seeing all pitches rather than half with quick counts.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

If this is in RTTS, I'm not sure, but in Franchise @ ML level, I'm seeing a lot of slide steps and pitch outs (maybe too much with pitch outs) whenever a half-decent steal threat gets on.

I have pick-offs at 0...not that it seems to matter They are still trying to get my runners frequently.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If this is in RTTS, I'm not sure, but in Franchise @ ML level, I'm seeing a lot of slide steps and pitch outs (maybe too much with pitch outs) whenever a half-decent steal threat gets on.

I have pick-offs at 0...not that it seems to matter They are still trying to get my runners frequently.
Thanks, this is good to know. Although it is enjoyable having my guy channel Ricky Henderson, it's good to know things will be more realistic when he gets to the show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »