Home

HOF/All star question?

This is a discussion on HOF/All star question? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2016, 11:04 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
HOF/All star question?

So I was playing at all star with fastball speed at 6 and off-speed slider speed at 8 and I was hitting a little to well and I was almost never striking out. Now I have played several games on HOF like 5-6 games with fastball speed at 5 and with off-speed slider at 7 and I am not hitting like at all. I know that 5-6 games is not a lot small sample size but its not just that I am not hitting well but also I cant time up any thing at all. I can time up off-speed stuff sort of but I cant time up fastballs at all on HOF. Like last game I played vs the CPU starting pitcher after like 6 innings I had 33 fastballs that I was late one and like half of those I was way late on. So what should I do? Should I go back to all star and just lower my timing by one? Or should I just continue on HOF but upping my timing by like one and maybe lower fastball speed to 4? Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: HOF/All star question?

What type of hitting you are using. Zone,directional, etc.? Also its take some time to get use to HOF but it is extremely rewarding. The games are more realistic, If you are using sliders move the contact up until you get used to HOF. Also take some batting pratice.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:03 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: HOF/All star question?

Zone I am thinking about going back to all star and playing with fastball speed at 5 instead of 6 and off-speed at 7 instead of 8 but with timing down 1 to 4. I just played a game with fastball speed at 6 and off-speed at 8 on all star and I was late a lot on fastballs and I was cashing a lot of bad off-speed pitches. When I play with fastball speed at 5 and off-speed at 7 with ever other hitting slider at 5 I hit to well. I am thinking maybe just having timing down 1 will make it a little harder to time up pitches and result in more misses. On HOF like I said I was playing at fastball speed at 5 and off-speed at 7 and couldn't time any thing up. In like 7 games playing like that I had only scored like 15 runs and had zero HR and was missing like ever thing or being late and fouling off ever thing. This years game is easier then in the past and in the past I was all star with sliders to make things easier as I found default all star to hard but veteran to easy.

Because this years game is easier I thought maybe I could play on HOF for hitting this year but looks like it is to hard for me in less I maybe lower the pitch speed sliders a lot. I think the difference this year may be that in the past I had to make all star easier and this year in stead I may have to make all star harder. Pitching I am playing on HOF with CPU timing down 1 and solid hits down 1 and also fouls at just 2 and getting pretty good results. In the past I found all star pitching to easy but HOF to hard. This year I would say hitting is like a half of difficult easier and pitching is like a whole difficulty easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »