Home

One of those innings

This is a discussion on One of those innings within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2016, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
One of those innings

My infield just committed 4 errors in one inning. Was leading 3-0 and now trail 3-4 all simply because 4 of the most random errors I've ever seen in the game. Two were on one play!
Anyone else run into anything ridiculous like this on Defense? I'm just under 80 games in on my Dodgers franchise and all I use is buttons to throw, and we are near the top in the majors in errors. Sliders for errors are all set to default 5 so I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen anything atrocious like that. I know the Dodger defense is rated really low in the game. But to blow a 3-0 lead in the 7th with a pitcher who was throwing a two hitter seems very odd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2016, 11:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: One of those innings

Don't think I've ever had 4 errors in an inning. I might have had 3 in past years. For sure I've had 2 as in my game last night my team fell apart in the 9th inning and gifted the opponent the win and a big part of the reason why my team fell apart was the 2 errors they committed in the 9th.

Last edited by My993C2; 05-09-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:57 PM   #3
Rookie

The script is real!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2016, 12:18 AM   #4
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Bad innings happen, I have had an inning where I had 2 passed balls both of which scored a run, a walk to load the bases before that a home run and then an infield error before I was finally able to get a reliever in to close it out.

But at the same time they happen for the AI too. I have had innings where I will just rally for 5-6 runs and the other team makes errors, bad pitches, fielders missplay ball's in the outfield.

Though I would suggest lowering the error sliders one, I did this and get a more realistic number of E's now.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:59 AM   #5
Rookie

It all made sense in the end. The AI had to end my 5 game win streak in style. I hit a HR to lead off the next in inning and tie it at 4-4. Then they hit a 2 run walk off in the 9th to win it 4-6
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #6
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

I had one game this year where in the eight or ninth inning all of the sudden my infielders forgot how to get in front of a ground ball.

I've been playing this game since 2007 and use a slight push on the left stick to position guys which has become second nature. For one inning it was like it was like my guys were repelling the ball away from themselves.

I'm ashamed to say that I hit reset... :-(
Old 05-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Here we go again......

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #8
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

They really need to sort out the fielding. Playing against the computer at times is like you're against a collection of the greatest fielders of all time, diving all over the place, perfect one hand pick ups and never missing anything. While my players consistently just let the ball run under their glove, refuse to react to the ball being a foot away from them, or just forget how to play baseball and fail to catch routine fly balls. First inning in particular I must have an ERA in double figures, the computer always manages to find a way to screw me over in the first and I have to spend the rest of the game trying to claw it back.

It's massively unfair, just keep it the same for both teams, don't just cheat to make the game more difficult

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »